Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
We are looking for a Solutions Architect who has been an experienced software engineer with a knack for seeing how business objectives can be fulfilled by technical solutions. You thrive when you can consult with customers to understand their objectives leveraging technology to drive business value. As a participant in all phases of the sales and implementation cycles, you work in alignment to demonstrate how solutions using VGS help customers address issues and achieve business goals.
As a trusted advisor to the customer, you propose solutions based on your strong industry knowledge, in-depth product expertise, and business acumen. You thoroughly understand the capabilities of the VGS solutions and the benefits customers can realize by implementing them into their business.
What will you be doing at VGS
- As the technical implementation expert, you own all the technical aspects of the sale
- Communicate product features and benefits in pre and post sales situations to potential customers
- Develop and present branded, custom technical demos that showcase specific features that show how VGS can help prospective customers meet their business objectives
- Conduct assessments of customer's requirements and define and architect VGS solutions to meet the needs of their business
- Design solution built on VGS capabilities to meet prospect business and technical requirements
- Work with prospective customer developers to implement proof-of-concepts integrating VGS and third-party components
- Lead technical responses for RFI’s and RFP’s
- Represent VGS at industry-specific trade shows acting as the technical voice of the company
- Effectively channel product feedback and enhancement requests to Product Manager and Engineering stakeholders
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- Minimum of 3 years of customer-facing experience as a software engineer, solutions architect, or sales engineer in a data, security or SaaS product company
- Great communicator, comfortable explaining complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong collaboration, interpersonal, negotiation and prioritization skills
- Technical certifications such as CISSP or AWS Solutions Architect is preferred
- Sales experience is preferred
- Understanding and experience working in payments ecosystem is preferred
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $105,000 - $155,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
We value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled).
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
VGS will not be able to support any kind of employment sponsorships at this time.