Technical Support Engineer
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
We are looking for a strong technical support engineer who has good networking skills and practical coding experience and is ready to help our customers solve technical issues and integration. You’ll work in the Customer Success department, cooperate closely with the engineering and integration teams: help customers to configure our system, do the code changes, research, and help to develop the solution for challenging new or unknown issues. This candidate will be working remote within the APAC region.
What will you be doing at VGS
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution;
- Create or update documentation based on findings from request investigations;
- Prepare and provide customer training, including developing training material if it does not already exist;
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions;
- Engage with the development team to create new feature requests, escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information;
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently;
- Create technical content (sample code, demos, etc.) to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices;
- Interface with our customer technical teams, serving as their primary technical point of contact during onboarding;
- Partner with the Account Management team to understand customer requirements and communicate how VGS can address the requirements;
- Help VGS customers to integrate with our platform and drive translation of requirements to code implementation;
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies and participate in on-call support rotation as needed.
What we are looking for from you (Requirements)
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer;
- Good knowledge of Git, SQL and Linux;
- Experience supporting SaaS products;
- Deep understanding of OSI model, HTTP protocol and solid software troubleshooting skills and the ability to understand our platform end to end;
- Experience with Docker and AWS would be a huge plus;
- Proven ability to project management work;
- Strong communication, collaboration, interpersonal, and negotiation skills;
- English - Upper-intermediate or higher.
What’s unique about VGS
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits (Statutory benefits depending on country of residence)
- VGS stock options
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
We value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled).
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.