Business Development Representative
Very Good Security
Very Good Security (“VGS”) makes it easy for customers to collect, protect and share sensitive financial data in a way that accelerates revenue, eliminates risk, ensures compliance, and drives profitability. We are on a mission to protect the world’s payment information and are seeking global talent to support our portfolio of payment security solutions including VGS Vault, PCI Compliance as a Service (PCIaaS), Payment Optimization. and Card Issuance Products.
VGS delivers a modern solution to collect, protect, and exchange sensitive data that spans from data privacy to payment acceptance and card issuance; providing businesses with tokenization, PCI compliance, data security, processor optionality, and the ability to operate on that data without compromising their security posture. VGS delivers a modern payments security solution that gives businesses ownership and control over critically valuable customer data, granting them maximum portability, operationally and value extraction to seamlessly drive expansion, and quickly build new financial products.
Are you passionate about working at the intersection of Fintech and Data Security? Do you get excited about evangelizing new and innovative technologies? Are you a growth-minded individual who wants to accelerate your career path? If so, then you might be a great fit at VGS!
Here at VGS we are looking for Business Development Representatives who will report to our Director of Sales Development & Enablement to help generate new business opportunities through prospecting and engaging with potential customers. We are looking for someone who has strong communication skills, is confident, driven, and wants to grow personally as well as professionally. This role is crucial in contributing to the growth of the company, and we are building a team that is excited about the future of VGS!
What you will be doing at VGS
- Generate net new revenue pipeline by scheduling introductory meetings with targeted individuals and decision makers at Fortune 500 companies.
- Conduct extensive account and contact research to expertly craft cold outbound messaging that aligns the value of VGS to a prospect’s unique challenge or initiative.
- Act as a point of cohesion for Sales and Marketing teams by progressing qualified leads into new opportunity contacts at targeted prospect accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Marketing Operations to identify meaningful areas of improvement and implement changes to the lead flow processes as needed.
- Leverage best-in-class prospecting tools to accelerate productivity - Outreach.io, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Gong.io, etc.
- Mentor and coach others by sharing the secrets of your future success with the team members that join VGS after you.
What we are looking for (Requirements)
- Strong communication skills and excellent organizational ability
- Experience converting inbound Marketing Qualified Leads to qualified Opportunities
- The ability to develop and nurture relationships that build champions of VGS with targeted contacts within assigned prospect accounts.
What’s unique about VGS:
- We’re a quickly scaling company with a startup mindset.
- We love to empower our people to take ownership! You’ll find you are given the freedom and will own the responsibility to be successful here.
- We’re creating a remote-first philosophy. You’ll have a strong impact on a new cultural shift within the company.
What you get from us:
- Flexible work hours and flexible PTO
- Competitive health benefits
- VGS stock options
- 401k plan, with employer matching 4% and immediate vesting of employer match (available only for US employees)
- Life & disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts, dependent and healthcare FSA (available only for US employees)
- Global parental leave program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Home Internet reimbursement
- New hire home office set up allowance
- Professional learning reimbursement
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $50,000 - $60,000 per year. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The OTE range for this position in the U.S. is $70,000 - $80,000 per year.
At Very Good Security, we have a remote first philosophy. We are actively hiring for fully remote positions, so you can work from the comfort of your own workspace!
We value great talent. Striving to provide the best experience for our candidates VGS appreciates your candidacy. We consider applicants without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes under all local, state, and federal laws and ordinances (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled).
Qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.