Sr. Content Writer
Marketing & Communications
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Monday, November 13, 2023
The Company You’ll Join:
At Truv, our mission is to make verifications easy for everyone. It’s crazy that it can take 5 to 7 days to verify someone’s employment or income. Alternatives are even worse, an API call should not cost $40.
We'll save billions of dollars for companies and billions of hours for people who are still filling out forms and uploading paystubs. Imagine applying for a loan or verifying your job history with a click of a button. That's what Truv aims to achieve.
The Team You’ll Work With:
We're a small but mighty team of engineers, product managers, and business folks who built and launched products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid. We're well funded by US-based top VC funds.
We like to nerd out about using cutting-edge tech and building frictionless user experiences. We love crafting great products and seeing our users delighted by what we build. We especially like disrupting the industries we play in by making a big noise!
We’re looking for a superstar writer in our Marketing team – a storyteller by nature with a deep curiosity for the customer journey and experience, what messaging and CTAs drive action, and a modern understanding of what kind of written content will actually make an impact in 2024, and beyond.You’ll be well known in your personal and professional circles as someone who can write, interview and craft stories and messaging that drive action in white papers, case studies, sales decks, on websites, social media and through video storyboarding. B2B SaaS experience would be awesome, but not essential, as you can speak to any audience with the right inputs.If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Who You Are:
You are a full-stack storyteller. Writing and editing are second nature for you. You have an opinion about how well content should be written, and adhere to your own high standards. You can also transition from . You are as comfortable talking strategy as you are brainstorming visual treatment. And while you can write pithy headlines with the best of them, your copy always proceeds from a deep understanding of your audience. You are genuinely excited to learn about a complex software product.
What you’ll do
- Act as a steward for TRUV’s brand voice across the company
- Own messaging for multiple TRUV products, acting as a go-to subject matter expert for people across the company
- Interview customers, partners and internal SMEs to craft compelling stories on pain points and ROI that ultimately drive pipeline
- Craft storyboards for compelling video content
- Concept, write, and edit copy across a range of mediums, both short and long-form, including white papers, case studies, webpages, emails, blog posts, social media, sales materials, and ads
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of TRUV’s corporate positioning, segment-level messaging, and product-specific messaging
- Serve as a strategic partner to GTM, translating industry and customer research into compelling, ownable product messaging
- Define content strategy and structure for marketing collateral, specifically webpages
- Collaborate with web designers and other Brand team members to ensure copy not only complements design but strengthens it
- Provide copy editing / proofreading support for all written content
- Be an organized self-starter who can navigate ambiguity comfortably
- A copywriting portfolio showcasing breadth and depth
- Proven experience as a content writer, interviewer, video storyboarder and advocate for written excellence, with a strong portfolio showcasing compelling, easy-to-digest marketing copy that doesn’t read like marketing copy
- Passion for writing with the ability to convey TRUV’s point of view, brand identity and tone of voice
- 2+ years experience developing content to attract and engage prospective and current customers (agency and SaaS experience a big plus)
- An excellent writer who can create convincing, creative and engaging content under tight deadlines
- Extensive experience interviewing internal SMEs, customers, partners and thought leaders
- Experience analyzing and summarizing data
- An impressive portfolio with examples of published work across multiple industries, channels and media
- Strong understanding of B2B content marketing trends and SEO best practices is a plus
- Outstanding communication, interviewing and project management skills