Senior Sales Engineer
Sales & Business Development
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2022
The problem we're solving:
Truv empowers financial firms to underwrite with confidence. We believe that discerning fact from fiction about an applicant’s employment and income shouldn’t be a process that takes days, dozens of phone calls, or hidden behind black boxes. Truv provides a frictionless and secure infrastructure that connects financial institutions and background screeners to 45+ payroll providers that house the data of 120M+ US workers. And consumers benefit from faster turnarounds and greater financial opportunities.
The community we’re creating:
We’re an experienced team of thinkers, innovators, and entrepreneurs solving some big problems. And we’re looking for bold leaders to join us. Our remote-first distributed team hails from Bay Area, Miami, Toronto and London. We believe in creating a community where everyone belongs and thrives, regardless of location. So, if you’re excited about using cutting-edge technology and working alongside colleagues who’ve built groundbreaking products at Apple, Uber, Facebook, Carta, Venmo, Telegram, and Plaid—hop on.
The values you possess:
Our values are the specific behaviors and skills that we care most about. The more these values sound like you and the people you want to work with, the more likely you’ll thrive at Truv.
· Bias for action - move fast and get things done.
· Customer obsession – we start with making the customer happy and work backward.
· Good judgment – make wise decisions despite ambiguity.
· Focus on impact – solve important problems first.
· Transparent and direct – informed people make better decisions.
· Win as a team – we win and lose (rarely) as a team.
· Continuous improvement – all improvements matter because they compound exponentially.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct in-depth technical discovery while ‘setting-the-table’ for competitive advantage and value (in partnership with your AE)
- Own, deliver and drive a successful technical validation event (PoC) (in partnership with your AE)
- Own and manage data-driven evaluation (eg backtesting, coverage)
- Build initial relationships and build trust at all levels within the Product & Engineering organization
- Work through organizational and technical complexity in the pre-sales phase
What would set you up for success:
- 5+ years of experience
- Successful 2-year stint with an early or rev-stage start-up (less than 200 employees)
- Experience and deep technical expertise in embedded or API-based products, documentation
- Experience and expertise supporting sales to enterprise Underwriting, Risk, Digital Transformation (FIs) & Product (Fintechs) organizations
- Super-strong demo/technical narrative skills
- Entrepreneurial, Builder and Rocket-ship GTM mindset
- Strong collaboration with all company functions (sales, marketing, CS and US-based prod team)
Benefits we offer:
- Team events
- Equity options
- Flexible Time Off
- 100% paid premiums for medical, dental & vision