Partner Success & Expansion Lead
What we’re building and why we’re building it
Trellis is an insurtech start-up. Our mission is to build industry-leading solutions that make insurance easy for everyone, from consumers to partners to insurers. Our embedded insurance solutions bring the market's leading insurance brands into the apps and ecosystems consumers already use to help them find, compare, and purchase personal insurance, harnessing the power of their personal data.
We’re fast-growing! Our partners include 4 of the top 5 digital banks and 7 of the top 50 personal finance apps in both app stores, including Rocket Money (formerly Truebill), Albert, and Acorns. We have backing from multiple top venture capital investors, including QED (Credit Karma, SoFi), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Nyca (Acorns, Revolut), as well as Amex Ventures.
We’re fully remote. We believe it allows us to find the best talent wherever it is, provide our team with maximum flexibility, and stand out to candidates.
Trellis is led by third-time fintech entrepreneur, Daniel Demetri, who has previously founded multiple fintech and insurtech startups that now operate as publicly-traded companies.
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically. We move fast and get things done.
- Craft – We are constantly learning and bettering ourselves and the way we work.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Positivity – We see a cup half-full, focus on the team's potential, and rise to challenges..
The Partner Success & Expansion Lead will lead the growth and expansion of our most strategic partnerships. You will be responsible for the success, product growth and revenue expansion of our strategic financial institution partners. We will rely on you to understand our clients’ key business drivers, objectives, and challenges. You’ll use that understanding to identify and implement process-driven solutions and strategies that create value for our partners. In this role, you’ll be the nexus between Trellis’ engineering, product, marketing, analytics and sales, funneling feedback from our partners, serving as their internal advocate, and helping our team build exceptional products.
The Ideal Candidate:
This person will be perfectly comfortable managing complex, enterprise relationships, deal modeling and forecasting, operating in a client-first capacity, while leveraging data at the heart of every decision they make. This person has:
- 5 years experience in enterprise client success or account management, with at least 2 years in Fintech
- Insurance experience is a plus
- Experience with Looker and other BI tools
- Excellent Powerpoint and Excel skills
- Startup experience
- Understand our ICP, their pain points and challenges and how our business solves these problems.
- Own day-to-day management of a Tier 1 FI partner with support from the broader org, laying the foundation for a trustworthy partnership.
- Become fully knowledgeable about their business, the state of the partnership and what KPIs need to be met to expand the partnership.
- Build a solid process for reporting, communication and the status of the partnership across both teams.
- Support ad-hoc new client onboarding.
- Have defined strategies in place to drive growth and adoption for core partners under your remit.
- Fully managed key partners, generating the necessary MoM growth to achieve targets.
- Leading MBRs & QBRs for clients within your remit and process for those tent-pole projects.
- Reporting and monitoring systems in place that provide the team and partners with insights and recommendations to drive growth and additional profit.
- Outstanding service to our partner clients that give us an edge; seeing around corners and positioning all deals for multi-year growth.
- Fully autonomous with the day-to-day and week-to-week maintenance and success of key accounts.
- Highly process-driven: Fluent in building strategic plans and processes that increase communication, alignment and effectiveness.
- Structured Collaborator and Relationship Builder: Able to listen and connect with people to understand their needs and the question behind the question, while building great rapport.
- Quantitative: Proficient at working with and analyzing data, then using it to craft cohesive, compelling narratives. Quickly familiarize themselves with software and analytics tooling, such as using excel and creating Looks.
- Solution-oriented: No problem with setting high goals and hitting them.
- Excellent Communicator: Highly articulate communicator with excellent written, verbal and deck skills.
Trellis is a fantastic place to work
- Join a talented, passionate team that we call friends, mentors, and colleagues
- Flat,collaborative, transparent culture; get in at the ground floor and be a true business partner
- Opportunities for growth and development within your role and all areas of the organization
- 75th-percentile (competitive!) compensation
- 100% remote work environment
- Quarterly, fun team bonding events
Trellis additionally offers competitive benefits:
- Unlimited vacation time
- 100% employer-paid insurance for employee, 60% for dependents
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Bonuses and equity opportunities
- Budget for home office equipment