Personal-Lines Insurance Customer Service Representative
What we’re building and why we’re building it
Trellis is an insurtech start-up. Our mission is to build industry-leading solutions that make insurance easy for everyone, from consumers to partners to insurers. Our embedded insurance solutions bring the market's leading insurance brands into the apps and ecosystems consumers already use to help them find, compare, and purchase personal insurance, harnessing the power of their personal data.
We’re fast-growing! Our partners include 4 of the top 5 digital banks and 7 of the top 50 personal finance apps in both app stores, including Rocket Money (formerly Truebill), Albert, and Acorns. We have backing from multiple top venture capital investors, including QED (Credit Karma, SoFi), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Nyca (Acorns, Revolut), as well as Amex Ventures.
We’re fully remote. We believe it allows us to find the best talent wherever it is, provide our team with maximum flexibility, and stand out to candidates.
Trellis is led by third-time fintech entrepreneur, Daniel Demetri, who has previously founded multiple fintech and insurtech startups that now operate as publicly-traded companies.
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically. We move fast and get things done.
- Craft – We are constantly learning and bettering ourselves and the way we work.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Positivity – We see a cup half-full, focus on the team's potential, and rise to challenges..
About the Role
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) plays a pivotal role in the continuing development and evolution of a best-in-class servicing department. Reporting to the Customer Service Manager, a CSR is someone who loves talking to and helping people, a creative thinking who is able to assist and service a variety of insurance products, and someone who looks to proactively solve any issues. The CSR will provide information on a variety of complex customer service issues regarding different P&C products to help grow agency retention and build customer loyalty.
In this role, expect to:
- Assist all existing and potential agency clients across a wide variety of servicing needs via phone, email, and SMS in a prompt and friendly manner.
- Correctly interpret and analyze insurance policies, cancellations, reinstatements, endorsements, reports, and other insurance-related documents to make data driven decisions.
- Collaborate across teams to deliver the best resolution and the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Navigate dozens of insurers' products and agent portals – including Progressive, Allstate, Liberty Mutual, and other top insurers – to efficiently and effectively service clients.
- Utilize complicated, evolving software, such as our CRM and in-house comp rater
To Succeed in this role, you have:
- Industry Experience: you have two to three years of P&C Insurance experience and actively hold a Property and Casualty or Personal Lines license
- Amazing communication skills: you have outstanding written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Proactive and Self-Sufficient: a proven history of personal initiative, efficiency, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and performing quality work within deadlines with or without supervision
- Hyper-comfort with ambiguity: we are a Series A start-up that rolls out process and system updates frequently; you thrive on quickly adapting and apply changes to turbo-charge your sales goals
- Natural Problem Solver: you see issues as opportunities and can look at complex problems and propose creative solutions.
- Superior computer fluency: you can learn new systems quickly and navigate multiple Carrier portals simultaneously
Variable compensation based on performance
- Base salary starting at $47.5k - automatic increase to $50k after 3 months!
- Annual commission between $8k - $12k depending on performance, no cap!
- Earn 4% commission of total written premiums
- Bonuses available for putting in extra hours
- Regular contests and incentive programs to earn more
Nice to have, but not essential
- Active licenses in 40+ states
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: all employees must complete a background check prior to starting employment with Trellis or its subsidiaries.
Trellis is a fantastic place to work
- Join a talented, passionate team that we call friends, mentors, and colleagues
- Flat,collaborative, transparent culture; get in at the ground floor and be a true business partner
- Opportunities for growth and development within your role and all areas of the organization
- 75th-percentile (competitive!) compensation
- 100% remote work environment
- Quarterly, fun team bonding events
Trellis additionally offers competitive benefits:
- Unlimited vacation time
- 100% employer-paid insurance for employee, 60% for dependents
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Bonuses and equity opportunities
- Budget for home office equipment