Personal Lines Sales Agent (P&C Insurance, 100% Remote)
What we’re building and why we’re building it
Trellis is an insurtech start-up. Our mission is to build industry-leading solutions that make insurance easy for everyone, from consumers to partners to insurers. Our embedded insurance solutions bring the market's leading insurance brands into the apps and ecosystems consumers already use to help them find, compare, and purchase personal insurance, harnessing the power of their personal data.
We’re fast-growing! Our partners include 4 of the top 5 digital banks and 7 of the top 50 personal finance apps in both app stores, including Rocket Money (formerly Truebill), Albert, and Acorns. We have backing from multiple top venture capital investors, including QED (Credit Karma, SoFi), General Catalyst (Airbnb, Stripe), Nyca (Acorns, Revolut), as well as Amex Ventures.
We’re fully remote. We believe it allows us to find the best talent wherever it is, provide our team with maximum flexibility, and stand out to candidates.
Trellis is led by third-time fintech entrepreneur, Daniel Demetri, who has previously founded multiple fintech and insurtech startups that now operate as publicly-traded companies.
- Extreme Ownership – We fulfill our promises to each other and to our customers. We own our responsibilities 110%.
- Speed – We work quickly and pragmatically. We move fast and get things done.
- Craft – We are constantly learning and bettering ourselves and the way we work.
- Collaboration – We work transparently, solicit feedback, and leave our egos at the door.
- Positivity – We see a cup half-full, focus on the team's potential, and rise to challenges..
Are you a results-oriented and ambitious individual with a passion for sales? Trellis is a leading insurance technology company, and we’re looking for talented and ambitious top performers to join our growing agency, Savvy, as we build the best customer experience in the market.
About the role
You will be a central part of our ambitious Sales engine, proposing risk management strategies that expertly fit the risk profiles of each customer. At Trellis, you will have the opportunity to work in a challenging but supportive environment that is focused on rewarding top performers.
Top agents enjoy uncapped compensation
Simple: The more policies you sell, the more you earn.
As a top-performing agent, you will enjoy a competitive, uncapped compensation package. Top quartile performers easily earn in excess of $100k/year and the very best agents can earn in excess of $160k (see below).
- Earn $42 per sale for every sale (Auto, HOI, renters, flood, etc.)
- Bonus accelerators for higher close rates and volume targets mean you can earn >$130 per sale at the highest performance levels
- Monthly sales contests to put even more $ in your pocket
- Bonuses available for putting in extra hours, identifying bugs, and more
Target annual compensation, not including benefits or equity:
- 60 sales per month: ~$70k
- 90 sale per month: ~$105k
- 120 sales per month: ~$160k
In this role, expect to
- Sell, sell, sell!.. by delivering best-in-class results consistently
- Bind at least 60 new policies per month
- Bundle 1/3 of homeowner prospects
- Navigate dozens of insurers' products and agent portals to find the best insurance options
- Utilize agency tooling and technology designed to make you more efficient and effective
To succeed in this role, you have
- Proven track record: you have demonstrated success in achieving and surpassing sales targets in previous roles
- Relentless ambition: you see the upside of working hard and seek an environment that generously rewards agents who over-deliver
- Deep multi-carrier experience: you can quickly identify the right product from the right carrier for the right customer
- Proactive and self-motivated: You take initiative and are self-motivated to identify opportunities and develop strategies to drive sales and surpass targets.
- Strong written and verbal communication: you close sales quickly and effectively across multiple channels (primarily text and phone)
- Hyper-comfort with ambiguity: we are still a start-up, meaning we roll out process and system updates frequently; you thrive on quickly adapting and applying changes to turbo-charge your sales goals
Nice to have, but not essential
- Active licenses in 40+ states
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: all employees must complete a background check prior to starting employment with Trellis or its subsidiaries.
Trellis is a fantastic place to work
- Join a talented, passionate team that we call friends, mentors, and colleagues
- Flat,collaborative, transparent culture; get in at the ground floor and be a true business partner
- Opportunities for growth and development within your role and all areas of the organization
- 75th-percentile (competitive!) compensation
- 100% remote work environment
- Quarterly, fun team bonding events
Trellis additionally offers competitive benefits:
- Unlimited vacation time
- 100% employer-paid insurance for employee, 60% for dependents
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Bonuses and equity opportunities
- Budget for home office equipment