Technical Product Manager
At Tint, we believe any company should be able to protect its customers from the inherent risks of using its product or service. We empower tech platforms to increase conversions and generate new revenue streams by embedding protection. We help companies such as Deel, Outdoorsy, Guesty, Neighbor, CitizenShipper, Riders Share, and uShip (among others!) unlock the growth of their core business and improve profitability with protection products.
Tint provides expert services and innovative technology to build, launch, and manage protection programs leveraging our simple API and no-code app. To date, we’ve helped millions of users get peace of mind.
We've raised $30M and are backed by world-class investors such as Y Combinator, QED, Deciens, Nyca, Plug and Play, WIN, Soma Capital, Pioneer Fund, and angels such as Vikram Pandit (former CEO Citigroup) and founders/CEOs of Oscar Health, Sun Microsystems, Zuora, Gusto, Kin, Turo, Mercury, Wepay, Ramp, amongst others.
About the Role
As a Technical Product Manager on a small but growing product team, you will drive product innovation from inception to execution and iteration for some of the highest impact initiatives in the booming InsurTech industry.
Your fingerprints will be all over our state-of-the-art web app and API used by our clients and our partners to manage their insurance programs. Your work will, in turn, benefit our end consumers in a uniquely varied range of industries (shipping, vacation rental, HR and future of work, vehicle rental, web3 security, etc).
You will work directly with customers as well as the founding team and will be involved in the early stages of the startup development and establishing the product culture and team at Tint. You will have a lot of ownership and drive ambiguous initiatives from 0 to 1.
You are a general athlete with comfort integrating with other systems and technical expertise. You are not afraid to dive deep in topics new to you in order to ship impactful products using any method necessary: user research, partnering with internal teams, collaborating with external teams, real time integrations, batch integrations, etc
What you'll do at Tint (Core Responsibilities)
- Customer Integration: help our customers' product and engineering teams (engineers or data people) launch Tint as easily as integrating the Stripe API
- Partner Integration: seamlessly transfer information to operate programs with risk carriers, underwriters and capital providers, TPAs, etc
- Payments: bill and move money seamlessly between all parties of the Tint ecosystem: insurers, claimants, customers, end users
What we look for (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience as a Technical PM, working on integrations in an agile environment with product managers, designers, engineers, and data analysts
- Previous experience in the embedded space and/or building integrations with insurance or FinTech systems
- An ability to deep-dive into complex technical concepts coupled with an ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Strong analytical and data skills
- Experience across the full product life-cycle, integrating customer feedback into product requirements, driving prioritization, and pre/post-launch execution
Bonus Points if You Have
- Experience with ML/AI technologies
- Startup experience
- Prior experience as a Software engineer or Data scientist
- Experience working on APIs, Saas, and/or Enterprise products
- SQL proficiency
Tint isn’t just focused on transforming the entire insurance industry - we have ambitious goals, value merit and open communication, celebrating diversity and unique ideas. At Tint, we support your personal and professional growth by offering the below benefits:
- Flexible Working. With over 40 people in 13 countries across EU and US time zones, we are outcome-focused and give our people the flexibility they need to do their best work. To support flexible working, we’ll give you a stipend to get your home office dialed in and we’ll also reimburse you for co-working space memberships.
- Flexible Time Off. It's pretty simple: we don't control the days and hours that each of us works, so we're free to manage our time however we want to achieve the goals and deliverables we committed to. We have unlimited vacation time. Use it whenever you need to recharge!
- Competitive Compensation. In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll receive equity as part of your offer. We’re all owners - when Tint succeeds, we all succeed! We also help you maximize your money by offering an FSA and a 401(k).
- Comprehensive Healthcare. Tint covers 100% of employee premiums for medical, vision and dental.
- Company Retreats to Exciting Locations. We meet in person as a company twice a year to make sure we have time to connect in real life and get to have those conversations that are better done in person. These retreats are a mix of business and fun and we always choose a cool, central-ish location - think Barcelona, Playa del Carmen, Mallorca… Add on a few days of your flexible time off and you’ve *almost* got a free vacation somewhere cool!
This role is fully remote, however the ideal candidate is preferably in European or EST time zones.
It is Tint’s intent to pay all Team Members competitive wages and salaries that are motivational, fair and equitable. The goal of Tint’s compensation program is to be transparent, attract potential employees, meet the needs of all current employees, and encourage Team Members to stay with our organization.
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, depth of experience, certifications, and specific work location.
The base salary range for this position in the United States is $90,000 - $150,000. The total compensation package for this position includes an equity package as well as the benefits listed above.
Tint is committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up daily as their authentic selves.
Tint is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Tint considers qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with federal, state, local, and international law. In our job application procedures, Tint is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. Please let your recruiter know if you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability.