Strategic Account Director, EMEA
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, January 16, 2024
Thought Machine’s mission is bold – to properly and permanently rid the world’s banks of legacy technology. To achieve this, we have developed the foundations of modern banking and built core and payments technology, which runs natively in the cloud. What we are attempting is hard and means we need great people working together to build great technology.
We have grown rapidly in the past few years – growing our team to more than 550 individuals across offices in London, New York, Singapore and Sydney. We have raised over $500m in funding and are now valued at $2.7bn. Our investors include Molten Ventures, Eurazeo, Intesa Sanpaolo, Temasek, Nyca Partners, JPMorgan Chase, Standard Chartered, and more.
We have created a culture enabling our team to produce the best work in the industry, ensuring we have fun along the way. We're regularly cited as having a fantastic workplace culture and have been recognised by Sifted magazine as having one of the highest Glassdoor ratings for a UK fintech company and the industry's most generous employee share package. We've been named AltFi's B2B Fintech of the Year, placed in the FinTech50, and named one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies by the Financial Times in 2023.
Thought Machine is looking for an Account Director to collaborate with our key accounts throughout Europe. The role involves advancing existing engagements, developing new opportunities within their organisations, and building relationships across all functions, including executive teams, programme management, procurement and sourcing, legal, and compliance. The Account Director will be responsible for overall client satisfaction, driving revenues, and managing renewals.
- Ensure a structured approach to client engagement through annual account planning aligned to Thought Machine and client strategic priorities, communicated with key stakeholders to gain buy-in, execute, monitor, and adapt as required
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with the key account stakeholders, executive sponsors, and act as the primary communication liaison from the client to Thought Machine
- Work closely with other Thought Machine functions to ensure high client satisfaction
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor and analyse client’s usage of our product, forecast and track key account metrics
- Collaborate closely with the bank’s delivery partners to consistently exceed client service satisfaction
- Assist the client in the preparation of internal and external messaging, which would include but not be limited to system demonstrations, presentations, workshops, business case construction