Specialist Sales - Payments
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2023
Thought Machine is solving some of the biggest challenges in banking – modernising core and payment systems. Our mission is to transform the banking industry by providing cutting-edge technology and empowering banks to offer truly innovative experiences to their customers.
Vault Payments is a cloud-native universal payment processing engine that will give financial institutions full control to launch powerful, flexible, future-facing payment experiences across any payment system.
As we increase in size and maturity, we are expanding into the payments market with our Vault Payments product and leveraging our existing sales team. This will require bringing additional market and product expertise in the payments market and technology to the sales team. To expand most effectively, we plan to build out the sales team by creating a Vault Payments Sales role that will sell through the existing Vault Core sales team.
The Vault Payments sales specialists will have expertise in the payments industry and will develop a high level of knowledge around the Vault Payments product, pricing, and support offerings. Vault Payments is a new product and market for Thought Machine, so this role will focus on enabling the Vault Core sales team on payments products and markets, defining sales targets per region, and driving and supporting all sales activities required to meet the business goals of the Payments team. Additionally, they will be responsible for executing and reporting on the activities and results to the CRO and the Payments team.
They will be responsible for the Vault Payments product for a region and will own driving the sale through the Vault Core sales team within that region. This will involve building a territory plan outlining the target market and all aspects of the sales cycle. Within the sales process, they will define the pipeline generation activities and work with and through the Vault Core sales team, field marketing team, and partners. They will also be required to manage the forecast and the pipeline, helping qualify leads and build out our partner organisations. They will need to be technically and commercially knowledgeable about the product but will have the full support of the sales engineering and marketing teams. They will report to the CRO’s office with dotted line responsibility to the Payments Product Management Team. This role will suit a candidate who relishes the opportunity to build a regional footprint from scratch, can work autonomously, and can collaborate strongly across teams in the business.
- Build and deliver a territory sales plan for eight sales representatives.
- Enable the sales team on Vault Payments and the payments market
- Develop and deliver Vault Payments proposals that address customer
- and prospect priorities and critical needs
- Work with the Vault Core sales team to help build and develop relationships at multiple levels – executive sponsors, influencers, and decision-makers across the region to stimulate interest and feed into the pipeline
- Exceed annual regional targets for Vault Payments A-ARR and professional services contracts
- Partner with the Business Development team, Product Management, Sales Engineers, and the delivery and marketing teams to build targeted sales campaigns
- Prioritise pipeline flow to help the team focus appropriate sales time on short-term needs while managing the long-term pipeline-building effort
- Understand the needs and issues facing potential and existing customers and interact with our Product Management and Engineering teams
- Create, deliver, and communicate team progress against regional goals