Head of Sales Engineering, InfoSec
Working at Thoropass
At Thoropass, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins, and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Thoropass combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Thoropass helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2024 and beyond.
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced leader to head up our Compliance Strategist team. Compliance Strategists are our sales engineers who work in partnership with our salesforce to address any technical compliance or platform questions with prospects. The ideal candidate will provide compliance expertise, solution scoping, sales support and thought leadership for a growing team of Compliance Strategists.
In this role, you would play a pivotal role in driving our product's market success. You'll lead a talented team of Compliance Strategists, bridging the gap between technical solutions and customer needs, and ensuring our product's value proposition is effectively communicated and understood by potential clients.
What you’ll do
- Team Leadership and Management: Lead, mentor, and grow the sales engineering team, fostering an environment of continuous learning and development.
- Sales Support and Strategy: Collaborate closely with the sales team to develop and execute sales strategies that highlight the technical advantages of our software.
- Solution Scoping: For complex deals, you will lead any custom scoping conversations and solutions. You will also help train the current team so they can independently scope custom solutions.
- Product Expertise: Maintain in-depth knowledge of the product’s features, capabilities, and updates to provide detailed technical advice and support.
- Feedback Loop: Act as a liaison between sales and product development teams, providing customer feedback to guide product improvements and new feature development.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the sales engineering team.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical Expertise: Profound understanding of the InfoSec Compliance industry and various software tools emerging from it.
- Project Scoping: Experience scoping complex custom infosec project/audit requirements, especially for SOC2, ISO 27001, HITRUST, and PCI
- Leadership and Team Management: Proven ability in leading, managing, and mentoring a team, with a focus on fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment.
- Adaptability: Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment, with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Deep InfoSec Compliance expertise including certification(s) in building or auditing programs related to SOC2, ISO 27001, HITRUST, PCI, HIPAA, etc.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in team management and development.
- Strategic thinker with a results-driven approach to problem-solving.
- New York City - preferred
- A large network of compliance or InfoSec experts to draw upon for expertise, thought leadership, customer referrals or employee referrals
- Competitive base salary of $170k - $220k plus variable
- Exceptional benefits package
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Hybrid work model (2-3 days in office, based on location)
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment
- Monthly wellness and home Wi-Fi stipend
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.