Senior Associate, PCI Assurance
Working at Thoropass
At Thoropass, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and we have created a workplace where the best idea wins and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Thoropass combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Thoropass helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically, and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the Job
Thoropass is looking for a dynamic and enterprising Senior Associate to join our team and be a founding member of our InfoSec Assurance practice specializing in PCI compliance. Thoropass is a new approach to Information Security and Privacy Compliance, combining automation and expert advice and guidance.
- Are you scrappy, resourceful, reliable, and a creative problem solver?
- Are you ready to channel your aspiration and creativity into building a best-in-class information security compliance management solution and driving positive and significant business impact?
- Are you highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills and a strong bias towards getting things done?
- Are you an advocate of continuous improvement and challenging the status quo?
If so, let’s talk!
What you will do
- Grow and expand audit capabilities to allow for increased volume and greater efficiency of the infosec assessment process.
- Advise product and engineering team on improving PCI compliance and PCI audit software functionality.
- Conduct PCI assessments and advisory projects
- Minimum of 2 - 4+ years of experience performing PCI audits or other related IT audits within an audit or consulting firm
- Understanding of advanced cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to address information security questions in a clear and concise manner
- Possess a helpful and professional attitude with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong sense of curiosity to solve problems
- QSA or ability to acquire QSA
- CISSP, CISA, CISM, or other equivalent technical certification (AWS Solutions Architect, etc).
- Employer-sponsored health, vision, and dental care
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment stipend
- Monthly wellness and wifi stipend
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.