Senior Product Designer
Working at Thoropass
At Thoropass, we are on a mission to transform an industry that’s never been known for innovation, but we aren’t letting that stop us. We love collaborating to come up with new ways to solve problems that would stump other teams, and have created a workplace where the best idea wins and we bring out the best in each other.
Our team is full of entrepreneurial people with a bias toward action, an insatiable intellectual curiosity, and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally. By bringing remarkably talented people together, we have the opportunity to create something truly amazing for our customers and our team.
What We Do
Thoropass combines simple software with expert guidance to help SaaS companies manage security compliance, security audits, and enterprise procurement security diligence. Thoropass helps companies adopt stage-appropriate compliance practices that enterprises can trust and reduce the time and costs of security audits by 50% or more.
We are a rapidly expanding team based in New York. We were founded in May 2019 and raised our Series C funding in November 2022. Our top investors include: J.P. Morgan, PayPal Ventures, Fin Capital, Centana, and Bain Capital. We're growing customers and revenue dramatically and we’re poised for continued break-out growth in 2023 and beyond.
About the role
Senior Product Designer will be a core member of our Product Design team as we elevate design at Thoropass. This individual has a passion for great product design, and is motivated to showcase this passion. They will demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems by executing simple, usable, and inclusive design solutions through a human centered practice. They will champion the voice of Thoropass’s customers by efficiently delivering quality solutions that simplify our customers’ path to data compliance.
The ideal candidate has experience delivering solutions with measurable success. They have an understanding of industry UX / UI best practices, ensuring quality design as we strive for consistent improvement. This person should be an effective and clear communicator, using data to convincingly support their decisions. Their process should be flexible with a bias for action with the ability to give and take meaningful feedback. They will work closely with our product and engineering partners to establish efficiencies, focusing effort where it matters most.
This role will be reporting directly to our Head of Design, and will partner with designers, product managers, and developers to skillfully execute our product design strategy throughout the product development life cycle.
What You'll Do
- Empathize with Thoropass’s customers by driving solutions through a human-centered design practice, focusing on their journeys to solve pain points
- Execute journey maps, low-fidelity concepts, high-fidelity prototypes, and pixel-perfect development-ready designs that reflect our product design principles and leverage the design system
- Effectively present solutions and rationale with stakeholders, storytelling through data to drive outcomes
- Strengthen our delivery and collaboration process through documentation and specification
- Contribute to our design system by collaborating with peer designers to align visual and interaction standards
- Provide and receive meaningful feedback to ensure design quality and consistency
- Perform usability research to uncover pain points and validate design decisions
- Recognize business goals and understand technical constraints— design while keeping broader goals in mind.
- Use all available resources to uncover valuable customer insights
- Be a systems thinker to strategize how your decisions affect the broader product.
- 5+ years experience designing & shipping engaging user experiences
- Skill with a variety of methods to explore and convey ideas and concepts at the appropriate degrees of fidelity (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc.)
- Proficiency with Figma and other industry standard design and research tools
- Proficiency designing for measurable outcomes including the ability to participate in both generative and evaluative user research
- Ability to execute and collaborate in a distributed remote work environment
- Online portfolio that showcases skill as a product designer, while demonstrating how and why you arrived at your solutions
- Experience solving problems for customers of B2B SaaS products
- Experience designing for highly technical problem spaces
- Understanding of global data compliance and the role it plays in emerging technology
- Collaborated with other designers to scale a design system
- Proficiency executing customer journey maps & service design flows
- Competitive base salary
- Private healthcare benefits
- Early equity in a fast-growing company
- Work from home model
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office equipment
- Quarterly wellness and home wifi stipend
- Paid courses and certifications
Thoropass provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Even if you feel you don’t meet every requirement, consider applying! Thoropass acknowledges the research which shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs when they don’t meet all of the stated qualifications. However, we’re looking for authentic innovators to blaze new trails and you just may be the right person for this or another role.