QA Automation Manager
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Thursday, March 30, 2023
QA Automation Engineer
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Come thrive at SigFig! We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. Whether it’s through our direct -to -consumer or business -to-consumer products, or through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
About the Team and Opportunity
As a QA Automation Manager at SigFig, you will be working closely with SigFig leadership to manage the QA Automation team in India and to scale the test automation practice at SigFig. We have a unique opportunity to change the way people invest, but the quality and accuracy of our systems must be rock solid. You will lead efforts to understand business needs, create and execute effective testing strategies to deliver high-quality bug free solutions while building and integrating SigFig’s online investment solution into partner systems. We are looking for a proven QA leader who can thrive in a dynamic environment, drive testing and own the quality of solutions that analyze billions in investor assets, running complex algorithms and recommendations software to help people make better investment decisions.
Why Work for Us
- As a reliable and trusted financial solutions provider with expanding reach to 1 in 3 households nationwide, we believe it takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions that serve customers at scale.
- We are 150+ employees strong and steadily building. Our world-class team, affectionately coined ‘SigFigians,’ is growing with an industry-savvy board and strategic executive team guiding us forward.
- We offer competitive benefits that include Flexible PTO, Wellness benefit, Mobile/Internet subsidy, Employee Recognition Programs, and more!
- We are a remote-first company! We have regional hubs nationwide, with presence in 4 Countries: United States, Canada, India, and Singapore.
- We believe that one size fits one and embrace a culture that honors and celebrates diversity of backgrounds, approaches and experiences.
- We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
Why We Value You
- Managing and mentoring SigFig’s QA Automation team in India.
- Leading code reviews and maintaining high coding standards.
- Collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements and ensure proper and timely test automation coverage.
- Collaborating with SigFig’s cross-functional teams to drive increased and pervasive test automation within the SDLC.
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and industry practices in test automation.
- Developing automation testing strategies and operational processes to drive continuous improvements in quality.
- Leading and participating in SigFig’s agile ceremonies (e.g., release and sprint planning, demos, scrum of scrums).
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- Technical Expertise: You possess a BTech/BE in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience. You have hands-on experience with quality testing and have a strong grasp of technology to manage and drive QA across application tiers and third-party integrations.
- Experience in writing and maintaining UI automation testing (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience in REST API testing, both automated and manual
- Experience in architecting and maintaining large test automation frameworks
- Proficiency in SQL: query, inserts and updates
- Experience in writing scripts or programs to analyze/validate large data sets
- Experience in build and release management
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with Web/HTTP debugging tools such as Charles Proxy, Firebug, Chrome/Safari Developer Consoles
- Experience working in a SOA or microservices environment, especially in the cloud
- Strong Analytical Skills: You have a strong analytical skills that help you to understand complex technical requirements, enabling you to facilitate effective testing strategies.
- Quality Management Experience: You have 8-10 years of work experience and at least 5 years of experience managing teams responsible for quality on software projects and a portfolio of concurrent programs at various stages of execution.
- Automation Exposure: You should have worked on QA automation frameworks and be comfortable adopting and implementing existing frameworks to drive QA automation.
- Decision making abilities: You can sense and anticipate quality issues and you know to push back when appropriate. You strive to fill the gaps between business requirements, quality expectations and engineering and are not afraid to push engineering teams to deliver on quality expectations.
- Great Communication Skills: You know how to take complicated problems and synthesize them into their key points. You are a provider of clarity, and always bring focus to what’s important.
- Leadership and Organization Skills: You’ve managed quality on software projects before, can assess situations and guide teams towards delivering top quality, error-free solutions. You know how to prioritize tasks, manage risks, estimate timelines, and keep the ball rolling when working with multiple teams
- Domain Experience: You understand the financial services domain and have executed projects involving implementation and integration of software solutions with other systems in financial institutions. You clearly understand the complexity issues and challenges involving such integrations and have experience in overcoming them.
- Managing Distributed Deliveries: You’ve worked with globally distributed teams. You know how to overcome time-zone challenges and get the best out of distributed teams.
- Experience working on project, quality management and collaboration tools such as JIRA.
- Passion for finance and investing is a plus.
Perks and Benefits
- Tax-friendly Compensation
- Liberal Leave Policy
- Medical cover for the family, including parents
- Quarterly Wellness Benefit
- WFH Allowance
- Mobile/Internet subsidy (for smooth WFH experience)
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.