Software Engineer (Backend | DW)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2022
Software Engineer (Backend | DW)
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
We are SigFig. We empower everyone to achieve their life goals and ambitions with intuitive and customer centric financial solutions. It takes extraordinary people to disrupt decades of legacy financial practices to reimagine solutions to serve customers at scale.
We are committed to building impactful financial solutions that are accessible and affordable to everyone. Using a combination of design, data science, and technology, we help provide people with financial advice and guidance they need to achieve their life goals. Whether it’s through our direct to consumer or business to consumer products through partnerships with some of the world’s largest and most innovative financial institutions like Wells Fargo, UBS, and Citizens Bank, SigFig seeks to help consumers and institutions make better financial decisions.
We are guided by our core values: Customer Delight, Make It Happen, Think Big, and We Over Me. Read more about our core values and how we live them every day on our website here.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we also have amazing talent solving interesting problems across our offices in Calgary, Tucson, Singapore, and New Delhi. Come thrive at SigFig!
The Team: Digital Advice Team
The Digital Advice Team designs, builds, and maintains systems that power our asset management product. In addition to building client-facing applications that manage on-boarding and ongoing client interactions, we also power algorithms and trading systems that manage investments, as well as build tools for financial advisors to serve clients effectively.
The Opportunity: Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you will work closely with other engineers, QA, and product managers to expand and enhance SigFig’s investment platform. You will help across the entire software lifecycle, from design and implementation to deployment and operation. You will assist with analyzing business requirements, suggest solutions, and build them as part of a team. You will look for opportunities to simplify or replace existing systems and introduce new capabilities where needed, iterating quickly to enable the business to react to the ever-changing market.
You will truly enjoy what you do, be flexible and communicative, and relish learning new things. This role will report to the team’s engineering manager. You will help lead the team’s engineering practices and be available to mentor more junior team members.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain highly scalable performant backend services on our stack (Scala, Java)
- Work with our amazing product team to develop and iterate on services and user interfaces that bring simplicity to complicated financial data
- Interact with engineering members across the organization to ensure consistency in engineering practices and foster an active exchange of ideas. We have development centers in San Francisco, Tucson, Calgary, Singapore, and New Delhi and the ability to work with distributed teams is a key skill
- Perform peer code reviews. Review performance, security, and flexibility of the code
- Participating in SigFig’s agile ceremonies (e.g. daily standup, release and sprint planning, demos, scrum of scrums)
Why We Value You
- You have experience with JVM languages (Scala, Java) or other server-side technologies.
- You have experience with Microservices.
- You have experience with relational databases (ability to design, query, transform, and optimize).
- You have experience with enterprise-grade, scalable and performant solutions
- You have deep experience debugging in distributed systems
- You are proficient in at least one backend language and one scripting language with the ability to learn others
- You can help guide the product design process by giving technical input, solution proposals, and risk estimates
- You are adept at jumping into legacy systems to debug and understand how things work
Ideal SigFigian for this Role
- BTech/BE in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - you understand data structures, algorithms, and software design practices
- Good Expertise with server-side technologies (Scala, Java, PHP, Elixir) and experience building enterprise-grade scalable and performant applications.
- Good Expertise with Microservices.
- Great Communication Skills — You have excellent communication skills and are able to clearly articulate your thoughts during verbal and written communications. The work we do here is very collaborative (and globally distributed), so team players and experience with fast-moving projects is a big plus.
- Self-starters with the interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Domain Experience is a plus — You understand the financial services domain and have executed projects involving the implementation and integration of software solutions with other systems in financial institutions. You understand the need for strong security, audits, and performance criteria that are associated with the banking and financial services industry
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Flexible PTO
- Mobile/Internet subsidy
- Employee Recognition Program
- And more!
Founded in 2007, SigFig is backed by premier venture capital firms, including Bain Capital Ventures, DCM Ventures, Nyca Partners, and Union Square Ventures as well as leading financial institutions including Wells Fargo, UBS, Santander, New York Life, Eaton Vance, and Comerica. We've raised $110 million to support our growth as the #1 online investment advisor for large financial institutions.
© Nvest. All rights reserved, SigFig is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
San Francisco Applicants: SigFig will consider applicants with arrest and conviction records (criminal histories) in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.