Senior Infrastructure Engineer
As a Sr. Infrastructure Engineer you’ll be responsible for the development of standards, processes, tooling, and systems that serve as the foundation of the SentiLink platform. We’re looking for someone driven towards improving the reliability and efficiency of our engineering teams. As a Sr.Infrastructure Engineer you’ll work closely with Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics teams to understand their needs and pain points, and to build systems and tools to improve their velocity, reliability, efficiency, and visibility. The optimal candidate will have a bias towards secure solutions that follow engineering best practice.
This is a remote, US-based role.
- Construct infrastructure as code, maintaining a vigilant focus on system security. Develop and enforce best practice across configurations while preventing drift between Terraform configurations and infrastructure deployments.
- Define infrastructure and software delivery pipelines, including build, test, and deployment across multiple environments (dev, sandbox, performance, and prod).
- Design infrastructure that enables Engineering, Data Science, and Analytics to rapidly perform software development and data processing.
- Implement monitoring tools, dashboards, and functionalities for a variety of services and operations across SentiLink’s infrastructure and software platform.
- Formulate strategies and execute solutions for cloud identity and access management.
- Collaborate with the SRE and security teams to maintain secure, up-to-date infrastructure in our cloud environment.
- Supervise and monitor platform costs, working cross-functionally to keep costs in line with corporate financial expectations.
- Oversee, develop, and operate Kubernetes and service mesh infrastructure, ensuring smooth performance and reliability.
- Investigate operational alerts, pinpoint root causes, and compile comprehensive root cause analysis reports. Pursue action items relentlessly until they are thoroughly completed.
- Conduct in-depth examinations of database-related operational issues, identifying necessary changes in configuration, schema, and architecture for improvement.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure, managing infrastructure as code, and cloud identity and access management
- Background in building secure container orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience developing cloud networking infrastructure, including DNS, CDNs, load balancers, VPCs, subnets, and security groups
- Experience with scaling and migrating production systems with little to no downtime
- Experience managing observability platforms, building monitoring dashboards, and configuring high quality, actionable alerting
- Experience working on software delivery pipelines (CI/CD) and DevOps tooling a plus
- Experience operating enterprise-size databases (Postgres experience is a plus)
- Experience with Python or Golang is a plus
- Hands on with development and testing of distributed systems at scale is a big plus
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must live in the United States
- $140,000/year - $185,000/year
- Remote (or hybrid, if specified) work with home office stipend, and regular company-wide in-person events
- Lunch, coffee and snacks during the work day are fully reimbursable
- Employer paid group health insurance for you and your dependents
- . . . and other typical start-up benefits (e.g. 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible paid time off, etc.)
- Follow Through
- Deep Understanding
- Whatever It Takes
- Do Something Smart