Software Engineer, Data Platform
As a Data Engineer at SentiLink, you will own the data infrastructure components to support the SentiLink suite of products. You will work with product, engineering, and data science teams across the company to build, enhance and modify the data platform that powers our fraud detection products. You have outstanding programming skills and are proficient in our technology stack and pick up new technologies quickly as we evolve.
- Build, expand, and optimize data architecture in order to create the most accurate dataset of identities and their relationships
- Develop and operate scalable and resilient data stores and distributed data processing infrastructures to meet business requirements
- Design, develop, test and support a suite of API-based data products
- Enable the data science team by ensuring data availability at scale and efficiency
- Partner with product management to drive agile delivery of both existing and new offerings
- Ensure data platform and services meet SLA and quality requirements; on call rotation for production issues, along with the rest of engineering
- Develop functional subject matter expertise within various areas of identity fraud domain
- 5+ years of software product development experience
- 3+ years of development experience in python or golang and related technologies and frameworks
- Strong expertise in big data technologies and distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop etc
- Experience with public cloud platforms such as AWS, Microsoft Azure or GCP
- Deep understanding of different database technologies including but not limited to RDBMS (e.g. postgres), NoSQL (Elasticsearch, vector DB), Columnar data stores etc. and experience with writing efficient queries and optimization techniques.
- Proven track record of building and delivering enterprise grade, scalable, data-intensive backend services on Kubernetes or similar platforms.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and a sense of humor (enjoy the journey)
- Experience working in a scrum / Agile development environment
- Bonus points if you have..
- experience working with Spark/EMR
- built real time streaming applications
- experience with AWS technologies such as EKS, sqs/sns, emr, redshift, s3 etc
- Infrastructure-as-code (IAC) such as terraform, CloudFormation etc
- prior experience working in a fintech startup
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must live in the United States
- $120,000/year - $185,000/year
- Remote (or hybrid, if specified) work with home office stipend, and regular company-wide in-person events
- Lunch, coffee and snacks during the work day are fully reimbursable
- Employer paid group health insurance for you and your dependents
- . . . and other typical start-up benefits (e.g. 401(k) plan with employer match, flexible paid time off, etc.)
- Follow Through
- Deep Understanding
- Whatever It Takes
- Do Something Smart