Senior Operations Specialist
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 11, 2023
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
About the Team
Scratch is a new kind of loan servicer and we’re changing the way borrowers experience debt. We’ve brought world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion dollar industry that hasn't seen an attempt at a tech solution in several decades. We're looking for smart, intellectually curious people to be a part of our Scratch journey.
The Platform Operations team works closely with Product, Engineering, and Support to ensure we are meeting our customers’ needs and improve the Scratch experience. We continually seek ways to improve operational efficiency and continue to drive effectiveness of the Scratch platform, by building new product features, establishing cross-functional prioritization through data analysis and customer feedback, streamlining necessary processes, and project managing key initiatives.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with leadership on Platform Operations team to build and manage operational processes, help make data-driven decisions and identify opportunities to improve
- Ensure excellence and efficiency in the delivery of these operational processes and lead continuous improvement for all
- Serve as the liaison between Platform Ops and other cross-functional teams to enable Platform Operations teams to function effectively:
- Lead high-visibility projects and operationalize them
- Track and measure performance of key Platform Operations initiatives : monitor KPIs and develop operational dashboards for leadership
- Leverage day to day operational data to make informed decisionsLead project management of strategic projects, define goals and plan to achieve
- Develop and utilize project management tools that enable the teams and balances process overhead and generate weekly progress reports of near- and long-term progress to milestones, highlight risks, and propose actions that keep the project on track
- Manage key communication and materials for company leadership team
We'd love to hear from you if:
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university
- You have 5-7 years of operations experience, 2+ years of which in management consulting, financial services or fintech
- Well disciplined, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work within a fluid environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to work within timelines
- Self-starter who is responsible, motivated, and able to work well in a collaborative environment
- Hands on experience with BI/reporting tools such as Looker, SFDC, Tableau, Spotfire, or Power BI, experience with data analytics tools and applications such as Python, SAS, or R and with various big data platforms, databases and systems such as AWS, Redshift and other big data technologies is a plus
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, GSuite and SQL is required
- Please note that this role requires a hybrid work model - our team works from our SF office 3 days per week (Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's)
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Please note that this role requires a hybrid work model - our team works from our SF office 3 days per week (Monday's, Wednesday's and Friday's)
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.