Product Manager, Borrower Experience
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
Scratch’s mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience their debt. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our borrowers that we truly care about their financial well being - both now and in the future. Scratch is first and foremost borrower driven – engineering, product and design collaborate as equals to create the best possible experience for borrowers.
We are looking for our first Product manager on the borrower experience team. You’ll be building and shipping features that borrowers directly interact with. In this role, you will have the freedom to run with product ideas and work with world class engineers and designers to see them through to the end. As the first Product Manager for a new team, you’ll be on the ground floor of building products, designing product strategy, creating great user experience in complex financial flows, and will gain exposure to a wide range of challenges. You will also be a leader on a small team that we expect to grow quickly as we continue to rapidly scale
About the role:
- Own and deliver complex features and products that improve the end-to-end customer experience and drive meaningful growth in revenue
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, prioritize, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users smile, while helping them abide by complicated legal and compliance constraints
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Make smart decisions based on customer research, design sprints and prototyping while balancing short and long term goals
- Partner and collaborate with key cross-functional stakeholders across product, design, engineering, user research, marketing and support teams
You may be a good fit if:
- 5+ years of product management experience working closely with high functioning engineering and design teams. Bonus points if you were doing this with financial products
- Proven track record of product launches and continuous product improvement.
- Structured problem solver and expert at prioritizing features
- Strong product sense and the ability to inspire and lead a cross-functional team
- Eagerness to influence and elevate the PM team by identifying process improvements, mentoring others, and interviewing future Scratchers
- Be sincerely empathetic, kind, and motivated to improve the lives of our borrowers
Benefits that we provide:
- Health Care: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
- Learning & Development: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
- Wellness Benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
- Catered Lunches and Snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
- Cell Phone Reimbursement: We reimburse you $50 per month towards your cell phone bill.
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
- 401k: We offer a 401k program!
- Additional Benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in tax free benefits such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience their debt. We believe that debt is one of those inevitable things that everyone has to deal with, yet few people are actually able to fully understand and wrangle with it in an effective manner.
By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-billion industry that hasn’t seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch enables people to experience the ability to understand their debt, whether it be a personal loan, school loan, or mortgage.
We have built a small, but really amazing team consisting of folks who have built some very well known products at Google, Dropbox, Amazon, Pinterest etc. Our office is based in San Francisco.