People Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
About the role
As Scratch scales there is a critical need to revisit the systems, processes, and policies currently in place to ensure they will work effectively so we can continue to deliver a stand-out employee experience. As part of the people team at Scratch, you will play a critical part in shaping our HR policies, playbook, and infrastructure. You will also get to build programs that scale and work on internal comms. You'll harness your foundation in a range of HR focus areas including compliance, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, and DE&I.
Come help make Scratch an even better place to work!
What You'll Do
- Be a founding member of the Scratch People team to build critical HR infrastructure that enables Scratch’s future successful growth
- Provide a consultative, tactical, and strategic HR point of view across the company, supporting a variety of people operations needs as the business requires
- Leverage your HR expertise across many functions (e.g., compensation, benefits, payroll, HRIS, learning & development, employee relations), providing support as business priorities adjust
- Provide day-to-day support for Scratch employees in doing their best work
- Build trusted relationships with managers and leaders by providing expertise and insights to help develop high impact teams
- Evangelize and be an ambassador for our Scratch’s culture, values, and mission
- Collaborate with org leaders to grow and scale teams in thoughtful ways
- Understand Scratch's operating principles and translate them into effective organizational structures and initiatives
- Work on internal comms, like preparing for our weekly All Hands
What We're Seeking - Must Have
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of professional experience with background in HR/People Ops
- US work authorization preferred, but can work with all candidates on a case by case basis
- This position can be done from San Francisco or New York
- You are familiar with payroll processing
- You have experience with employee onboarding
- Event planning is a type of project that you're excited work on in this new role
What We're Seeking - Nice to Have
- Prior experience with culture building
- A dedication to delivering great work
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to multitask and thrive in a timeline-driven environment
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Twitter and Google. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we provide
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.