Head of FP&A
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
About the Role:
We’re looking for an organized, savvy Head of FP&A to join our tight-knit Finance team. This person will be an integral part of Scratch; building out financial processes and functions from the ground up. A natural builder, this person will get their energy from forming financial functions at a startup in its nascent stages. If you enjoy financial forecasting, reporting, and analysis -- this could be the role for you. As the Head of FP&A, you’ll work directly with the Leadership team on vital strategic finance initiatives, getting exposure to how executives collaborate to make decisions.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct FP&A, forecasting and reporting, and financial modeling with an emphasis on cash flow planning.
- Provide monthly and quarterly updates on financial health and burn rate for Scratch’s leadership team.
- Work with third party bookkeeping firms to produce monthly and quarterly financials.
- Estimate Scratch’s rough cash burn rate and runway in real-time.
- Work with Scratch’s leadership team to model how potential strategic initiatives will impact cash burn / runway.
- Build out processes for planning and budgeting, including working with third party vendors (e.g., Gusto, Quickbooks, Expensify, etc.) to streamline processes and, if necessary, drive RFP process to select and implement new/replacement vendors
- Drive special projects for Scratch’s funding initiatives
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 3-5 years of professional services experience in investment banking or accounting
- In-house experience working in finance / FP&A
- Strong Excel modeling and analytics skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and cross-collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
We want you!
If you made it this far, chances are you’re as excited about working to change how people experience debt as we are—and we love that. Please apply even if you’re unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. Scratch is looking for smart, intellectually curious people who are invested in our mission, not just those who can “check all the boxes”.
Scratch's mission is to build a repayment platform to change the way consumers experience debt. Most of us take on debt to help us get ahead, or in many cases, to not fall behind. But for most of us—despite its necessity—once we have debt, it doesn't play a healthy role in our lives. It can be hard to understand, difficult to manage, and unaccommodating to changes in our lives.
This is why we started Scratch. We wanted to reinvent the loan servicing industry, well—from scratch. We wanted to create a world where debt plays a healthier and less taxing role in more people's lives. By bringing world-class product and technical thinking to a multi-trillion industry that hasn't seen innovation in well over two decades, Scratch's platform empowers borrowers to have greater control, visibility and flexibility over their financial health, removing the traditional loan servicer from the equation altogether and bringing borrowers closer to their lenders.
Our team is rapidly growing and comes from diverse backgrounds including Dropbox, Pinterest, Prosper, Bloomberg and Ripple. Our office is based in San Francisco.
With a rapidly growing community of lenders and borrowers, we think it's time the world knows there's a better way to pay back their loans. We'd love for you to join in our mission and help play a role in changing the way we experience debt for the better!
Benefits we Provide:
Health insurance: We cover 99% of your healthcare premiums and 70% of your dependent’s premiums and offer competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans.
Learning and development stipend: We offer a $1,500 per year stipend for your personal career development!
Wellness benefit: We’re proud to provide employees a $100/month pre-tax credit towards any gym or fitness program.
Catered lunches and snacks: We have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens.
Generous PTO (including your birthday!), sick leave, and parental leave
401k program: We offer a 401k program!
Additional benefits: We offer each employee the opportunity to enroll in pre-tax benefits, such as commuter benefits and an FSA account.