IT, Data Science
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, November 2, 2022
About the Role
As a Data Analyst at Scratch, you hold an important strategic position within the Platform Operations team, accountable for the execution, review, and publication of scheduled and ad-hoc analytics for Scratch’s lending partners. You also play an important role in helping to facilitate and drive critical strategic initiatives aimed at automating and streamlining internal/external reporting and analytics processes.
You will have experience developing, maintaining and performing analytics solutions within a financial services function - consumer lending or commercial banking loan or credit product program experience a plus. Experience should include coordinating and teaming with cross-functional teams and data owners to better understand upstream data sources. Experience with data quality assessments and source to system reconciliations strongly preferred.
Scratch is currently operating under a hybrid model in San Francisco, and partial in-person attendance is required for this role.
You’ll love this job if:
- You are able to form and cultivate cross-functional relationships with internal Operations, Account Management, Technology and Product teams, among others, to deliver on our strategy of understanding, improving, and automating reporting and analytics capabilities for our lending partners.
- You’re detail-oriented, organized, positive, and love supporting others.
- You’re able to juggle many tasks at once and are motivated by completing those tasks each day.
- You’re diligently attentive to detail and triple check your work.
- You enjoy digging deep into the details of complex problems.
- You’re able to communicate with people of varying backgrounds and are able to support our borrowers and team members through complicated processes.
- You’re passionate about small businesses and feel strongly about their value in the economy.
- You’re also passionate about learning new aspects of the financial servicing industry and growing your knowledge base.
In this role, you will:
- As a data analytics subject matter expert, this person will need to understand upstream data source systems and processes required for the generation of lending partner reports, and they will need to understand critical variables and data elements from a technical and business perspective.
- Collaborate and team with cross-functional teams and data owners to maintain and ensure the accuracy of data dictionaries and data flow diagrams.
- Compliment key lending partner discussions by gathering, tracking, and addressing client inquiries and questions.
- Take a hands-on approach to learning the Scratch platform, and its various use cases, in addition to any and all related data source systems and business intelligence tools and platforms.
- Manage and drive operational maturity via process automation and improvement projects, while gathering the necessary cross-functional stakeholder buy-in to ensure their success.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- BS/MS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or other highly quantitative/analytical field
- A minimum of 3-7 years of experience executing critical reporting and analytics in the financial services space
- Well disciplined, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to work within a fluid environment. Excellent attention to detail, time management, prioritization, organizational and problem-solving skills with ability to work within timelines
- Experience driving complex projects to successful completion with a diverse range or internal and external stakeholders
- Work experience in a highly regulated financial services industry (banking/insurance/finance) is required
- Subject matter expertise related to consumer lending or commercial banking reports and analytics is a plus
- A track record of developing, evolving, and optimizing reporting and analytics methodologies and processes
- The ideal candidate will pay strong attention to detail as a habit and they will hold the quality of their work as paramount in all that they do
- Self-starter who is responsible, motivated, and able to work well in a collaborative environment
- Superior organization and follow-up skill
- Hands on experience with BI/reporting tools such as Looker, SFDC, Tableau, Spotfire, or Power BI and prior experience with robotic process automation (RPA) tools and applications such as UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, or WorkFusion is a must, experience with data analytics tools and applications such as Python, SAS, or R and with various big data platforms, databases and systems such as AWS, Redshift and other big data technologies is a plus
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and SQL is required
When applying for this position, please be sure to submit a resume with your application - applications without resumes will not be considered for the role!