Buffalo, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 5, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 200+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
RentPrep Background Screeners are responsible for compiling applicant background checks by researching records in multiple databases. They must have at least 90 days of training and a Basic FCRA Certification, and demonstrate sufficient knowledge in reporting compliance.
There are five ranks of RentPrep Background Screeners: Junior Screener, Apprentice Screener, Screener First Class, Screener and Advanced Screener. Screeners are promoted to the next rank based on their performance, training, time in grade and experience.
All RentPrep Background Screeners must complete a comprehensive training program that covers the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), tenant screening best practices, and the use of various screening databases. They must also be certified by the PBSA.
RentPrep Background Screeners specifically service the retail side of RentPrep's clients. This is an entry level background screening position.
What You Will Do:
- Process all applicant background check orders in a timely manner.
- Remain proficient in using databases and other technology platforms to deliver accurate reports and provide client support.
- Maintain knowledge of company products and services.
- Maintain solid customer relationships by handling questions and concerns with speed and professionalism by phone, email and livechat.
- Follow department procedures, policies and guidelines at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring With You:
- Demonstrates strong oral communication skills.
- Possesses excellent written communication skills.
- Exhibits proficient interpersonal communication skills.
- Is highly computer literate and comfortable with various software.
- Demonstrates strong keyboard skills for efficient data entry.
- Displays exceptional organizational abilities.
- Possesses strong reading skills for comprehension and analysis.
- Exhibits effective time management to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail in all work tasks.
In addition to competitive wages, medical/dental, and paid training, you’ll also have access to the following perks:
Dress: We believe our Screeners do their best work when they're comfortable.
Location: Get to our office location quickly, thanks to our highly accessible central location. Located on Como Park Blvd. in the village of Lancaster.
Empowered Culture: We focus on having a culture where you’re not micromanaged, and you feel empowered to get your work done and enjoy your working space.
Our compensation reflects several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position represents the expected salary for this position. Ultimately, in determining your pay it will be based on several factors including location, job-related knowledge, skills, experience and other job related factors. Roofstock is a total compensation company the base salary is only part of our total compensation package.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.