Property Manager, Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
This position is the main point of contact for all resident issues and will be responsible for the local market operations of our institutional single-family and multi-family residential property management company. Reporting directly to the Senior Property Manager you will provide oversight of the day-to-day operational activities of all Streetlane-managed properties.
What You Will Do:
- Maximize revenue by leasing vacant homes, renewing leases in a timely and beneficial manner, and look for potential rent increase opportunities
- Deliver world class customer service throughout resident life cycle
- Prioritize resident satisfaction by swiftly addressing escalated issues and taking steps to enhance their overall experience based on client objectives
- Partner with maintenance management on general oversight of property maintenance
- Partner with asset management to evaluate new acquisitions to set pricing based on local market analysis
- Maximize operational efficiencies of the assets in order to reduce operating expenses and increase ROI
- Maintain occupancy levels to meet financial goals
- Drive collection efforts to meet targeted metrics based on KPI
- Oversee eviction process and tenant communication including but not limited to court appearances, occupancy checks, resident set outs, etc.
- Develop and implement strategic plans including monitoring and enforcing property security measures to minimize squatter activities and prevent unauthorized occupation of properties
- Promote positive, harmonious relations between staff, vendors and residents
- Provide general oversight of property maintenance
- Review property listings and set rental rates based on completed comparative market analysis
- Sign lease agreements and communicate with tenants
- Make final decisions for all local market property management related issues
- Provide client-focused status updates for all properties within the region
- Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and best practices and advocate for necessary policy changes or improvements
What You Will Bring With You:
- Arizona Real Estate License
- Energy, Enthusiasm and passion for property management
- SFR experience or minimum 5 years of multi-site, multi-family experience
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and exhibit situational adaptability
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Neighborhood level knowledge for leasing, marketing and acquisition support
- Market wide network for vendors, staff, and other services as needed in the Portfolio
- Team building experience with a history of supervising processes
- Strong background in client relations and customer service
- Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
- Highly motivated individual with strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- YARDI and Salesforce experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and insurance required
- College degree preferred
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.