Senior Manager of Capital Markets
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
Roofstock is seeking an individual to join our newly formed Capital Markets team and will report to the Head of Capital Markets. You will have the opportunity to wear many hats with a primary focus supporting our Head of Capital Markets. In this role you will be at the forefront of our strategic fund management initiatives. This role will be integral in supporting the company's efforts in raising and managing capital across our rapidly growing real estate investment platform.
Our ideal candidate is a dynamic individual who can navigate the highly complex world of Capital Markets. You are a project manager with the ability to reprioritize in real time and juggle many short-term and long-term initiatives at once. This role will span across multiple functions including new business development, product development, and product management. This is an incredible opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the future of real estate investing.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and execute the company's capital strategy, including fund product development and new business generation for legacy investment services business and fund management business supporting Roofstock's growth objectives.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with institutional investors, private equity firms, real estate owners, and other potential funding sources.
- Collaborate with the executive team to develop financial models, forecasts, and budgets that align with Roofstock's growth plans and long-term financial goals.
- Organize and structure go-to-market efforts to raise capital when needed, including preparing investor presentations, collateral, fund documents, data rooms, etc.
- Build and manage relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors and other key business contacts to ensure buy-in across the organization and from external partners.
- Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and emerging opportunities that could impact Roofstock's capital strategy.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field (MBA and/or CFA designation a plus).
- Proven experience (5-10 years) in capital markets, investment banking, private equity, or a related field. Private markets fund experience is a big plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong understanding of real estate finance and investment.
- Excellent analytical and basic financial modeling skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with investors and financial partners.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Collaborative and curious with a willingness to go above and beyond.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.