Head of Research & Investment Strategies
Posted on Tuesday, April 4, 2023
What we do and why we do it
As the leading end-to-end investment platform for single-family rental homes (SFR), our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 400+ Roofsters, our collaborative, can-do culture is what fuels our growth. Early last year we closed on our Series E, raising $240 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management), Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform, and Rent Prep (tenant screening and placement service for landlords).
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance.
As the Head of Research & Investment Strategies, you will build a high-standards research competency at Roofstock and help its clients formulate and execute against the most compelling investment strategies in SFR. This is a high impact, high visibility role that helps accelerate the velocity of investments flowing through the Roofstock platform.
In this role you will own the research agenda in tight collaboration with Roofstock’s Investment Services and Capital Markets teams and will develop significant authority internally and externally as an SFR expert. As such, you’d be expected to conduct ongoing monitoring and analysis of the overall investment environment and of SFR’s relative and absolute performance as well as produce regular outputs such as insights, white-papers, research studies, or data that can be used across the company, and externally, to articulate sound investment strategies and enhance Roofstock’s brand position in the SFR sector.
What You Will Do:
- Produce well-researched, customized investment strategies tailored to the needs of institutional investor clients and prospects.
- Join sales discussions to understand prospective client needs and then research, package, present, and defend specific investment strategies to their CIO, investment committees, analysts, and/or data scientists.
- Produce pre-packaged investment strategies for house funds (such as Roofstock One) that compel adoption by intermediaries such as RIAs.
- Conduct market research to keep Roofstock up to date on market trends and economic conditions.
- Author and/or oversee the regular publishing of data, trends, research papers, etc. to support boosting Roofstock’s brand authority and accelerating sales velocity.
What You Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s degree is required; master's degree in finance, real estate or economics preferred.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, with several years working in a similar role.
- Demonstrated success serving as the key influencer over an organization’s investment decisions (e.g., Investment Strategist, Head of Investment Strategy, Head of Research, Investment Portfolio Management or similar roles)
Actual compensation packages are based on several factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related knowledge and skills, experience, education/training, business needs, market demands, and geographical location.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (70%)
Flexible time off and sick days
We exhibit an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
See more open positions at Roofstock
Something looks off?