DRE Licensed Salesperson, California
Sales & Business Development
Posted on Thursday, January 11, 2024
At RenoFi, we're revolutionizing the way homeowners approach renovations. With an innovative platform, we connect homeowners with financing solutions that make their renovation dreams a reality. As a Mortgage Loan Officer with RenoFi, you’ll be at the forefront of this change, helping clients navigate their mortgage options without needing to self-source.
In this role, you will work with leads provided by RenoFi, guiding homeowners in California through the mortgage process. Your role will focus on using your mortgage expertise to offer the best possible solutions to our clients without the need for renovation lending experience or self-sourced leads.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work with pre-qualified leads in California provided by RenoFi to assist clients in selecting the most suitable mortgage products
- Utilize your mortgage experience to analyze financial data, advise on loan options, and facilitate lending
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure a smooth loan processing experience
- Stay informed about the latest mortgage trends and regulations to provide accurate and up-to-date advice
- Achieve performance targets as set by the organization
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Current DRE Real Estate Salesperson License with MLO Endorsement with at least 2 years holding this license
- Minimum of two years of experience in mortgage loan origination
- Proven track record of managing and converting leads into closed loans
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in lending
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive compensation package, including stock options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plan with company match
- Remote work flexibility – work from anywhere within North American hours
- Home office setup support or co-working space reimbursement
- Generous and flexible time off policy
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic and innovative company
RenoFi is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We believe various backgrounds and experiences contribute to our mission of transforming the renovation lending industry. If your experience doesn’t perfectly match the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway and tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role!
The demand for home renovations has never been stronger, yet, it's surprisingly difficult for a new homeowner to renovate. It can take a decade to build up enough home equity and savings to pay for a major renovation. As a result, recent homeowners do a lot of financially-suboptimal things to compensate like borrow from their 401k, rack up credit card debt, and use high-interest personal loans. Or they just live unhappily for years in a home that doesn't meet their family's needs.
But by completing a major renovation, homeowners are increasing the value of their home. Professional real estate investors leverage this After Renovation Value (ARV) to roll the increase in value into new properties all the time. But there hasn't been a great way for homeowners to take advantage of this. If homeowners had an ability to borrow against the ARV, they could increase their borrowing power up to 10x.
To meet this need, RenoFi created a platform that enables homeowners to borrow funds from RenoFi approved lenders in the form of the first home equity loan purpose-built for renovations! Unlike standard home equity loans, RenoFi Loans use the value of your home post-renovation which lets you borrow the most money at the best possible terms. RenoFi is creating a full suite of renovation loan products to better suit the needs of today’s homeowners!
For homeowners, RenoFi makes it possible to renovate years earlier than might be otherwise feasible. For contractors, we empower the financing of renovations at the point of sale, reducing instances of scope reduction, and ensuring prompt payment. Our lender partners, most often credit unions, rely on RenoFi's platform to generate loans, create efficiencies, and grow membership. The lenders pay RenoFi for the new loans, which allows us to offer our services to homeowners for free. RenoFi is truly a win-win-win for everyone involved.
RenoFi is backed by some of the best startup investors in the world, including First Round Capital, NYCA Ventures, CMFG Ventures, and Canaan Partners.
WE ARE A GLOBALLY DISTRIBUTED TEAM
RenoFi has been built from the start as a fully distributed team with an intentional focus on growing a strong team and culture that spans timezones and nationalities. Here's one fun example!
Please highlight any prior experience working remotely when applying. US or GMT-adjacent timezones will be prioritized.
RenoFi offers competitive cash and equity compensation. Some benefit offerings will vary from country to country. In the United States, we offer competitive health and retirement plans. All staff across the globe enjoy a flexible vacation policy.
READ MORE ABOUT RENOFI
The first blog post we wrote announcing RenoFi to the world and outlining why we started the company: https://www.renofi.com/learn/you-only-raise-your-family-once/
Renovation Loan Time Machine (video) - if you want to see what a Delorean and renovating have to do with each other :)