Principal Automation Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual looking to have an immediate impact on the systems, processes and technology of markets that are often called the engine of the US economy. You are a mid-level professional and are excited to join an experienced team of leaders that value excellence, independent thinking, teamwork and curiosity to create value for our customers. You are eager to play an essential role in product testing for Polly.
Does this sound like you? If so, apply today & let’s start the conversation!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the strategic development, enhancement, and expansion of our automation infrastructure, playing a pivotal role in its continuous improvement and scalability.
- Provide expert guidance to the team on coding best practices and design patterns, ensuring the highest standards of code quality and efficiency.
- Mentor and empower junior team members, fostering a culture of learning and professional growth within the automation engineering domain.
- Drive the establishment and enforcement of coding standards across the team, promoting consistency and excellence in automation practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to seamlessly integrate the automation test suite into our CI/CD environment, contributing to the optimization of our software delivery pipeline.
- Take a leadership role in prioritizing automation initiatives and defining a comprehensive automation roadmap for the team.
- Participate actively in the review of business requirements and feature overview walkthroughs, ensuring a deep understanding of testing needs and priorities.
- Design and implement automated test cases using Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) methodologies within an Agile framework, fostering efficient and effective testing processes.
- Execute test cases and conduct thorough analysis of test results, providing valuable insights to enhance the overall quality of our software products.
- Report, document, and track resolutions for software defects identified during the testing process, utilizing approved tools and processes for efficient defect management.
- Regularly participate in daily standup calls, contributing to the overall coordination and progress tracking of the automation efforts.
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to align automation strategies with overall product goals, ensuring a unified approach towards quality assurance and continuous improvement.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science or related discipline
- Expert level in Cypress for UI and API testing
- Expert level in Typescript
- Experience building a cucumber based framework
- Experience using BDD to automate test cases in parallel with feature development
- 8-10+ years experience doing test automation
- Experience being a technical lead for the rest of the automation team
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interest in the software development lifecycle, focusing on software testing
- Highly motivated, resilient and a tenacious passion for winning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a SaaS fintech startup preferred
- Mortgage capital markets experience highly preferred
- Python experience a plus
Why join Polly?
- We are attacking a trillion-dollar market with gross inefficiencies and seeking to transform the way an entire industry operates
- We have an experienced leadership team that previously built large and impactful platforms
- Outstanding opportunity for professional growth and upward mobility
- Direct engagement with the decision makers and senior business leaders
- Competitive salaries
- 100% paid medical/vision/dental/disability/life insurance
- Flexible vacation
- Remote environment
Let’s get to know each other.
Polly is transforming the mortgage industry with its modern, data-driven capital markets ecosystem. Banks, credit unions, and mortgage lenders nationwide trust Polly’s revolutionary Product and Pricing Engine (PPE), Loan Trading Exchange, and actionable data and analytics to automate and optimize the entire capital markets value chain, helping their secondary teams operate faster, smarter, and more profitably. Polly was founded in 2019 by a seasoned team of technology and mortgage experts and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
To learn more, follow Polly on LinkedIn or visit www.polly.io. Polly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.