Global Director of Screening and Sanctions
Global Director of Screening and Sanctions, New York/Hybrid
Build Your Career | Love your Work | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Founded in 2005, Payoneer is profitable and has a team based all around the world.
What you’ll do:
The Global Director of Screening and Sanctions is responsible for establishing and maintaining a best-in-class global sanctions program across all of the entities in which Payoneer is licensed. The Sanctions Officer will ensure that Payoneer not only complies with internal policies and procedures and external laws and regulations, but implements industry standard best practices to sanctions risks posed across the business.
- Prepare annual Sanctions Risk Assessment for management review
- Maintain the Sanctions Policies and Procedures, ensuring policies and procedures are aligned with jurisdictional regulations
- Understand OFAC / Sanction’s compliance screening systems requirements in addition to periodic list updates.
- Support the functionality of the Transaction Monitoring System to include alert closure flow process and monitoring customers’ activity
- Analyze and assess potentially complex sanctions issues and lead investigations and/or due diligence reviews where Sanctions issues are present, such as in connection with relevant customer on-boarding or wire transactions
- Prepare reports to OFAC and other regulators, as applicable regarding blocked/rejected transactions
- Develop, implement, and monitor Sanctions training to appropriate personnel
- Keep abreast of major sanctions related regulations such as that from OFAC, the EU, HMT, and others and inform the Compliance Department accordingly. Disseminate Sanctions bulletins to the firm’s business lines and ensure appropriate compliance response to any changes to Sanctions requirements or new sanctioned parties
- Manage responses to subpoenas or other document requests from law enforcement or regulatory agencies as they relate to OFAC / Sanctions
- Develop categories of appropriate Management Information regarding the Sanctions Program and ensure completion of same for Senior Compliance and Business Management
- Assist the CCO/ deputy CCO / management in providing responses to audit findings and examination for Sanctions related matters and other regulatory matters
- Raise or escalate all serious Sanctions compliance issues to the CCO/ deputy
- Assist in the preparation and testing of updates to systems for the Compliance functionality
- Collaborate with Risk team providing subject matter expertise on Sanctions exposure
What we are looking for:
- Strong subject matter knowledge of U.S. and Global sanctions programs administered by OFAC, the EU and others, and practical application in a financial services environment, a comprehensive understanding of Sanctions controls
- Must also have knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering laws, including the Bank Secrecy Act and the USA PATRIOT Act
- Must have a minimum of 7 + years of experience with U.S. banking regulations and knowledge of best industry practices
- Must have sound management skills and experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills (including presentations)
- Strong investigative and research skills – great organizational and analytical skills combined with innovative thinking
- Bachelor’s degree / CAMS certification or equivalent
- Eligible to work/live in NYC
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong professional presence to support regular interactions with senior management
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.