Corporate Legal Counsel
Have we got a job for you?!
Corporate Legal Counsel
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer's mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today's digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
If you’re the kind of person that loves to get stuff done, collaborate with colleagues all over the world and is interested in joining a fast-growing global company that is trusted by the world’s top digital brands and truly cares for its customers, join us at Payoneer!
What’s the Job?
Summary of role: Payoneer has an opportunity for a Legal Counsel, GTM, based in the UK, reporting into our Senior Legal Counsel, GTM. The position entails providing legal advice, negotiation support, support and drafting agreements for commercial and strategic transactions, and other legal support and advice to the Go-to-Market (GTM) team globally.
- Support and provide advice on global strategic and commercial transactions. This will involve working with the GTM business and sales teams, external counsel, and counterparties across transaction opportunities.
- Provide commercial legal advice with a primary focus on commercial and partnership agreements. This will entail drafting, negotiating with counsel for clients and other outside parties on contractual issues, and analyzing both standard and unique documents, including framework agreements, client contracts, payment services agreements and more.
- Collaborate with members of the global legal team and other business and corporate teams on cross-functional efforts and provide legal support, analysis, and recommendations on such matters.
- Liaise and work with outside counsel on specific and/or general topics.
- Identify and advise on relevant laws and regulations and key legal areas, including with respect to ongoing legal and business matters such as employment matters, general corporate matters, strategy and policy.
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal matters, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships with internal stakeholders.
Have you accomplished this kind of qualification?
- Fully qualified lawyer with excellent academic credentials (qualified in the UK or another EU country) and with at least 5 years of post-admission experience practicing as an attorney at a reputable law firm or relevant in-house legal department.
- Strong commercial orientation and outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Collaborative team player experienced at working with cross-functional teams across multiple jurisdictions and with flexibility to align with colleagues in different time zones.
- Excellent English professional language skills, strong communication skills and ability to explain complex legal concepts and requirements to various stakeholders.
- Ability to proactively identify relevant business and legal issues, evaluate the risks and suggest creative solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and to take ownership of projects and tasks.
- Knowledge of data protection regulations, including GDPR – an advantage.
- Experience in the financial services industry/payments industry – an advantage.
A few words about us
In today's digital world, Payoneer's platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for entrepreneurs in emerging markets through to the world's leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
Payoneer - one world, one platform, endless opportunity.