HR Associate, New York
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits, and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces, and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations, and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
Payoneer is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated HR Associate to join our NYC-based HR Team. In this role, you will support new hire onboarding efforts, HR systems and data maintenance, coordination and execution of employee experience initiatives and ad-hoc HR projects. You will gain exposure to the full employee lifecycle and use various web-based tools and platforms. This position is based in Payoneer’s Manhattan office, operating in a hybrid schedule three days in office, two days remotely.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the onboarding process for all new employees to ensure the best possible experience for employees and hiring managers throughout the first 90 days
- Integrate new hires from ATS into HRIS, close requisitions once the candidates are hired successfully
- Manage background check process, troubleshooting and partnering with HireRight to finalize and communicate all background check results
- Manage Payroll and HRIS updates and ensure that employee changes are made in an accurate and timely manner. This includes new hire and termination updates as well as employee internal mobility changes and other employee data changes
- Support the People Ops & Employee Experience manager on immigration and leave of absence management
- Recommend process/ service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy to be more customer centric
- Primarily responsible for answering all HR Team Americas mailbox queries
- Perform regular audits, partner with global People Ops team
- Collaborate with stakeholders and HRBPs across Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, People Operations and Employee Experience to establish fluid processes and policies
- Support employee experience budgeting and purchasing requests through the Coupa platform
- Perform end-to-end project management in coordinating HR programs/events, including vendor and venue selection, agenda preparation, branding/design work, communications, decorations, and give-away assembly
- Coordinate and manage content for monthly employee newsletter and company intranet
- Work with the HR Team to drive employee engagement and work closely with managers and employees to improve engagement and retention across the Americas region
- Coordinate learning and development activities, work with external facilitators, and ensure that all logistics and communications are organized in a timely manner
- Complete other tasks and duties to support the Global HR team, as needed
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resources or other related discipline
- 2-3 years HR Generalist, Associate or Coordinator experience
- Ability to develop relationships and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Willingness and ability to take initiative and the desire to continually take on additional responsibilities
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask and juggle various priorities at once
- Some familiarity with the Labor Laws in New York and California
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Exciting social events, including happy hours, birthday celebrations, and Thursday lunches
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $50,000 - $100,000.