Fraud Manager - Payments
Fraud Manager - Payments, New York/Hybrid
Build Your Career | Love your Work | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables businesses of all sizes from anywhere in the world to access new economic opportunities by enabling them to transact globally as easily as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital payments platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from over 200 countries and territories. Leveraging robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure.
We are seeking an experienced Fraud Manager to join our dynamic global team. The successful candidate will play a critical role in ensuring the integrity and security of our multiple payment products by managing risk associated with fraud. As Fraud Manager, you will leverage your expertise to develop and execute risk management strategies, monitor trends, and implement proactive measures to mitigate potential risks. You will bring impressive industry expertise and “outside-the-box” thinking to implement change within the department and the way we look at risk throughout the company. This is a unique opportunity which comes with a senior leadership spotlight and a chance to have direct impact on Payoneer’s business.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the development and execution of comprehensive risk management strategies across various payment products, including wires, ACH, and credit cards
- Monitor various fraud ratios, law enforcement inquiries, and manage and monitor monetary loss
- Analyze and assess potential fraud risks, chargebacks, recalls, returns, and card scheme violations to identify trends and patterns
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including operations, product, compliance, and technology, to ensure a cohesive approach to risk management
- Implement and enhance fraud detection tools, systems, and processes to prevent and detect fraudulent activities in real-time
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of risk mitigation measures, making necessary adjustments based on changing threat landscapes
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners – such as payment networks and industry associations – to stay informed about emerging fraud trends and best practices
- Collaborate with other portfolio risk managers, including a team of data risk analysts, providing guidance, training, and professional development opportunities
- Prepare and present regular risk management reports to senior leadership, highlighting key findings, trends, and recommended actions
- Stay up to date with industry regulations, compliance standards, and security protocols to ensure the company’s risk management practices remain compliant and effective.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management, or a related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in fraud risk management within the payments industry
- Previous experience working at a high-growth startup – FinTech required
- Strong understanding of payment products, including wires, ACH, and credit card processing, and associated risks
- Proven record of accomplishment in developing and executing successful risk management strategies and fraud prevention initiatives
- Expertise in utilizing fraud detection tools, data analytics, and predictive modeling to identify and mitigate risks
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of mentoring and developing high-performing teams
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., Certified Fraud Examiner, Certified Risk Professional) are a plus
- Familiarity with fraud and risk management tools such as Sift, LegitScript, EverC
- Proficiency in risk management software and data analysis tools
What we offer:
- Outstanding medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement and office yoga
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Volunteer activities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
***This role will be based in our New York, NY office 2+ days per week***
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $100,000 - $150,000