Corporate Legal Counsel
Legal Counsel, GTM
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
Payoneer’s digital platform streamlines global commerce for millions of small businesses, marketplaces and enterprises from 200 countries and territories. Leveraging its robust technology, compliance, operations and banking infrastructure, Payoneer delivers a suite of services that includes cross-border payments, working capital, tax solutions, merchant services and risk management. Powering growth for customers ranging from aspiring entrepreneurs in emerging markets to the world’s leading digital brands like Airbnb, Amazon, Google and Upwork, Payoneer makes global commerce easy and secure. Founded in 2005, Payoneer is profitable and has a team based all around the world.
Summary of role: Payoneer has an opportunity for a Legal Counsel, GTM, position, based in our NY office, reporting into our Senior Legal Counsel, GTM. The position entails providing legal advice, negotiation support, support and drafting agreements for commercial and strategic transactions, and other legal support and advice to the Go-to-Market (GTM) team in the Americas and globally.
What You’ll Do:
- Support and provide advice on global strategic and commercial transactions. This will involve working with the GTM business and sales teams, external counsel, and counterparties across transaction opportunities.
- Provide commercial legal advice with a primary focus on commercial and partnership agreements. This will entail drafting, negotiating with counsel for clients and other outside parties on contractual issues, and analyzing both standard and unique documents, including framework agreements, client contracts, payment services agreements and more.
- Collaborate with members of the global legal team and other business and corporate teams on cross-functional efforts and provide legal support, analysis, and recommendations on such matters.
- Liaise and work with outside counsel on specific and/or general topics.
- Identify and advise on relevant laws and regulations and key legal areas, including with respect to ongoing legal and business matters such as employment matters, general corporate matters, strategy and policy.
- Work cross functionally across the company to analyze legal matters, devise creative solutions and develop strong, trusted advisor relationships with internal stakeholders.
What We’re Looking For:
- Qualified lawyer with 5+ years’ of relevant experience
- Member in good standing of a US bar (NY bar a plus)
- Experience leading and managing complex transactions, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, preparing ancillary transaction documents and managing mid-sized and large transactions
- Knowledge and interest in broad areas of commercial and transactional matters, and solid understanding of contractual principles
- Ability to work independently, with all levels within the organization regardless of level or role, take initiative and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess organizational skills and experience working directly with stakeholders inside and outside the legal function and building relationships of confidence and trust
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Demonstrate flexible thinking with the ability to help business partners brainstorm pragmatic alternative solutions to business problems
- Ability to work with outside counsel from time to time and manage the relationship and costs
- Team player, ability to thrive within a team and collaborate both internally and externally
What we offer:
- Outstanding medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Flexible work from home schedule
- Volunteer activities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $150,000 - $200,000.