Regulatory Counsel, Americas
Regulatory Counsel, Americas (NYC/Hybrid)
Build Your Career | Have Fun | Make a Difference
Payoneer’s mission is to empower businesses to go beyond – beyond borders, limits and expectations. In today’s digital world, Payoneer enables any business of any size from anywhere to access new economic opportunities by making it possible to transact as easily globally as they do locally.
The Regulatory Counsel, Americas will be responsible for providing legal advice and strategy for the significant regulatory matters for Payoneer in the United States and other jurisdictions in the Americas. The position is based in New York and will report to the Global Regulatory Counsel in New York City.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Providing legal advice to assist Payoneer in the evaluation and management of significant and complex payments and financial services industry regulatory matters in the United States and other jurisdictions in the Americas
- Supporting the Americas Compliance team in building and maintaining good working relationships with U.S. state and federal and other regulators in the Americas
- Researching, analyzing and determining effects of quickly evolving regulations in multiple markets, and keeping current on issues and upcoming regulatory changes that may impact Payoneer’s strategic goals and objectives
- Liaising and working with outside counsel in the region
- Supporting business, marketing and other teams with the development of new services, and fostering strong relationships across multiple functional areas
- Supporting the Global Regulatory Counsel and Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer in formulating Payoneer’s regulatory and public policy strategy
What We’re Looking For:
- Eligible to work/live in the United States
- Admitted to a state bar (New York or qualified to work in-house in New York)
- At least 4-5 years of legal experience, including experience providing legal advice to the financial services industry. Payments industry and money transmitter experience is preferred.
- Experience working directly with regulators and regulatory authorities is an advantage but not strictly required.
- Ability to evaluate fact situations, identify legal issues, analyze and understand statutes, regulations and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Ability to provide practical legal advice and recommendations to internal stakeholders on matters of significant importance to the company.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Ability to handle a diverse set of issues and provide a high level of service to internal customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- An open communicator with skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility for occasional travel.
What we offer:
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
- 401K with employer match
- Fitness reimbursement
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Fun office culture with supportive leadership
- Exciting social events, including happy hours, birthday celebrations, and Friday lunches
- Community engagement opportunities
- Relaxed dress code
Join the Payoneer Family - check out Our Values and apply today!
In accordance with New York City Law, below is the annual base salary range for this position. Actual annual base salary is based on, but not limited to: experience, education, professional licenses, location and business needs. The position is eligible for health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k plan, paid-time off, and sick (and where applicable safe) leave. This position is also eligible for a discretionary year-end bonus.
The annual base salary range for this position is: $100,000-$150,000