Country Manager, Vietnam
A universe of opportunities. Open to you.
Payoneer’s mission is to empower anyone, anywhere to participate and succeed in the global economy. If our mission connects with your values, if you revel in solving complex challenges, and if you want to continuously advance your career, come realize your potential at Payoneer!
Life at Payoneer is a global community, where you’ll work with colleagues all over the world, in a hybrid or remote work frame. As an equal opportunity employer, the only things that matter to us are your skills, your drive, and your desire to have a positive impact on others.
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
What you’ll be spending your time on:
- Business Development and Execution: Develop and implement the country growth strategy, ensuring alignment with the overall global business growth plan. Drive initiatives to achieve and exceed customer performance, growth, and penetration targets across existing and new product lines.
- Leadership and Team Management: Lead and motivate a team of dedicated business professionals based in Ho Chi Minh/Hanoi. Provide guidance, coaching, and support to enhance their sales and account management skills.
- Business & Customer Diversification: Foster a curious and creative mindset to explore new business opportunities in untapped verticals. Engage with customers and prospects, gain insights into various industries, and leverage problem-solving abilities to drive growth.
- Partnerships and Distribution Channels: Identify and develop new SMB acquisition opportunities through potential distribution channels like mobile wallets, affiliates, platforms, banks, and industry associations.
- Market Expansion: Drive the development of new verticals and business lines to unlock opportunities to collaborate with larger customers and enterprises in Vietnam.
- Marketing Guidance: Collaborate with regional and global marketing teams to develop and guide the country marketing strategy, elevating brand awareness and market presence.
- Brand Representation: Act as the face of Payoneer in Vietnam, monitoring competitive activities, and actively representing the company at events, in local media, on social networks, exhibitions, and other relevant occasions.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Effectively communicate market needs and growth potential to global organizational functions, ensuring alignment with product, customer journey, revenue operations, FP&A, and other relevant departments.
- Operational Support: Be well-versed in all aspects of the business, including operations, data analytics, marketing, and partnerships. Provide support as required, aligning with the company's corporate functions.
- Team Development: Recruit and manage staff, coordinating with global teams for training, performance evaluation, and nurturing a positive local office culture. Facilitate smooth workflow with departments outside the business team through effective communication.
- Market Leadership: Serve as the main point of contact for Vietnam in collaboration with other company business lines, as needed and at the discretion of business line owners.
- Executive Collaboration: Demonstrate exceptional leadership and collaboration skills within the executive team, contributing to the overall success and growth of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, or a related field. MBA is an asset.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and executing business growth strategies in a similar leadership role.
- Experience in leading and motivating high-performing sales and account management teams.
- Proven experience in sales and/or business development in one or more of the following industries: payments, digital marketing/advertise-Commerce and/or cross-border logistics or cross-border business.
- Strong understanding of the Vietnamese market and industry trends.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both in English and Vietnamese.
- Experience in growing business via direct sales, channels, and partnerships
- Strong marketing and businesses development capabilities
- Stakeholder management experience - Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to see the bigger picture
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, listening, speaking, and reading)
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment, anticipate future needs and drive results
- Creative problem-solving skills with a focus on innovation and business expansion.
- Proficiency in data analytics, sales motions and mechanics, and marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of the fintech industry and payment solutions is a plus.
For this role you are also:
- Commercial focus (numbers, data analytics).
- Good relationship management skills (Relationships builder).
- Problem solver – working cross functionally with stakeholders regionally and globally.
- High level of organization and focus and ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to travel within the country and internationally as relevant.
Not a must but a great advantage:
- MBA degree
- 10+ years of experience with at least 5+ years’ managing a team
- Experience in the Consulting or Business/Market development a plus
- Experience in multi-national working environment (collaborating with remote teams) an advantage
- Experience using salesforce.com or a similar CRM system a plus
- Experience with data analytics & BI tools a plus
Join our passionate team and drive Payoneer's growth in Vietnam, shaping the future of cross-border payments and financial services. If you're a proactive, driven, and collaborative professional, we invite you to apply and be part of our exciting journey!