Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Sales Development Representative (SDR)
Location: London or Hybrid Remote
We have an office in London and this position can be based in the office or hybrid remote (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction). The expectation is to attend the office twice a week.
OpenFin is a high-growth enterprise productivity tech company backed by the world’s largest banks and most respected FinTech VCs, including J.P. Morgan, Barclays, HSBC, Wells Fargo, SC Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, DRW, Nyca Partners, and Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin modernises and democratises app development and distribution in the finance space. We provide a secure OS that brings a fast and intuitive app experience to the financial desktop. Built on Google’s Chromium, OpenFin combines native experience, data sharing, lightning-fast distribution, and robust security with an agile web development and deployment model to accelerate digital transformation and innovation. Today, over 4,000 apps across 675,000 users run on OpenFin, and with the company recently completing a Series D funding round, OpenFin is set for continued growth and expansion.
Within finance, the number of firms utilising OpenFin technology has grown from 2,400 to 3,800 since the launch of Workspace in May 2021. Having recently closed our Series D funding, we are paving the way for exciting times ahead!
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a seasoned Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our steadily growing sales team! In this role, you will be responsible for driving our lead generation efforts across Contact Centers and Financial Services. The person in this seat will be focused on researching and developing new business opportunities and establishing positive rapports with our clients. The ideal candidate will be driven, personable, and creative, with an innate ability to think outside the box. Being comfortable with both cold and warm outreach will be crucial to success in this role. Experience working with Contact Centers is preferred.
In the first 90 days, you can expect to:
- Begin booking both outbound & inbound meetings for our Sales Directors in New York, London & Hong Kong (and start earning commission!)
- Research and develop new business opportunities for our Sales Directors
- Spend extensive time with all areas of the business to increase your knowledge of OpenFin’s technology & our client base
- Get a good understanding of how to use our sales resources, including Outreach, Salesforce, Sales Navigator & ZoomInfo
Within the first 6 months, you will be responsible for:
- Working your own pipeline and proving your ability to book meetings with our key target accounts
- Gaining a good understanding of your target market & how to approach different personas
- Building & maintaining relationships with your prospects , build rapport
- Demonstrating your ability to effectively communicate your understanding of OpenFin in a role play scenario
By your 1 year anniversary, you will have accomplished:
- Hitting your targets consistently
- An in-depth understanding of OpenFin’s product & positioning, demonstrated in role play practices & on the phone to clients
- Becoming a meaningful contributor to the overall success of the sales team & culture
- Efficiently managing your own pipeline
What We're Looking For
- 1-2 years sales/sales development experience working in the Contact Center vertical and/or Finance industry (strongly preferred)
- Experience working for a SaaS company with Enterprise products required
- Skilled and experienced in diverse outreach styles (cold calling, emailing, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Resilient personality with the ability to be self-driven and remain adaptable to changes in the market while remaining goal-oriented
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, coupled with the ability to confidently collaborate with senior individuals (internal and external facing)
- Excellent organisational skills, with a diligent work ethic and a very strong attention to detail in all areas of work
- The ability to remain resilient and adaptable to change will be crucial for success in this role
What We’re Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 25 days of paid time off, in addition to 8 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical Insurance - A group medical insurance plan with Vitality which includes a personal health fund, medical/dental treatment, mental health and advanced cancer coverage
- Parental Leave and Workplace Nursery Benefit
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- Access to the Vitality GP App - Schedule virtual GP consultations and receive referrals
- Vitality Plus Benefits - 50% off select gym memberships, 50% off running shoes and bikes, free 30-minute health checks, Apple Watch discounts, etc.
- Unlimited Coffee, Tea, Snacks, and Beer on Tap
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies and to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding and supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn and innovate, and overall, have a good time doing it. We value and appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests and experiences. Getting to know each other and forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours and virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive and enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast and working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
RECRUITERS NOTICE: Recruiters - if you wish to reach out to us regarding this job posting, you may reach out to email@example.com in order for your communication to be reviewed. OpenFin will review these communications if external help is needed for a position. Agencies may not contact individuals within our organisation with solicitations. Firms that do not follow these guidelines risk having all communication from their firm being blocked. We thank you in advance for your cooperation in following our process.