Dev Ops Engineer II
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: As a member of our Cloud Operations team, you will apply your technical engineering skills and knowledge of infrastructure and Dev Ops. In this role you will be responsible for building and maintaining Onbe’s cloud infrastructure. This role includes the operational support of our cloud environment including but not limited to configuration management, terraform automation, observability, and cost optimization.
This position is remote, but it's essential that candidates reside within 30 miles of the Metro Dallas area. The role may occasionally require in-person meetups and travel.
- Participate in daily SCRUM meetings, working closely with other business units to deliver cloud infrastructure to meet the needs of our current or future platform.
- Automation of our infrastructure deployments through terraform.
- Work continually to develop and improve processes, methodologies, and approaches.
- Monitor all production environments as a part of a 24x7x365 on call rotation to ensure availability, resiliency, and performance meets our SLAs.
- Create, update, and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures, and infrastructure configuration.
- Automates, builds, and assists in deployment, and testing processes using modern DevOps tools ensuring infrastructure is versioned, reproducible, and scalable.
- Maintain and simplify Dynatrace infrastructure for logs, monitoring, and custom Dynatrace metrics for performance and debugging
- Act as a point of escalation for the other members of the team, providing assistance and training where necessary.
- Maintains and enhances the Kubernetes workloads and SAAS artifacts up to date with automation in focus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in infrastructure engineering or/and a Dev Ops role.
- Strong technical capability and ability to work independently.
- Good understanding of SDLC stages, best practices and methodologies.
- Good understanding and hands on experience with modern software delivery to the Cloud – CICD process and tools (Azure Devops, Github Actions, ArgoCD)
- Large breadth of technical knowledge crossing security, networking, DevOps methodologies, cloud infrastructure and Windows ecosystem.
- Strong proficiency in Cloud Platforms (Azure preferred)
- Proficient experience with GIT, GitHub Actions/Workflows, IaC (Terraform) and configuration management tools like Chef and/or Ansible.
- Proven experience building and maintaining Kubernetes cluster applying best practices.
- Solid knowledge in networking infrastructure.
- Strong background in designing and improving observability. (Metrics, logging, tracing, end-to-end) (Preferred Datadog, Dynatrace, Azure Monitor)
- Experience with performance tuning and debugging scalability issues of real time servers and applications.
- Strong experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, Python, Go.
- Familiarity with C# and/or Java microservice arch
The base salary range for this position is between $86,265.00 to $105,000, plus bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, open PTO, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence