Staff Engineer, Software Development (Full Stack)
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: Our company is seeking a Full Stack Java/React Developer who will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining complex full-stack applications using Java and React. The ideal candidate must possess a deep understanding of modern application development, cloud architectures, automated testing, and container technologies. The Full Stack Java/React Developer will be part of a team that works on cutting-edge projects for clients in the financial industry.
This role is a hybrid role that will work onsite 1-2 days per week at our Conshohocken, PA location. Occasional travel may be required as part of this position. #LI-Hybrid
- Design, develop, and maintain complex Java applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and solve complex software problems
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to software design and development
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Develop and maintain automated testing scripts to ensure high-quality software delivery
- Implement modern cloud architectures such as microservices, serverless, and containerization
- Work with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Develop RESTful APIs using Spring Boot
- Mentor and coach junior developers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a Full Stack Developer with Java and React
- Experience in Java 8 and above
- Extensive experience with modern Java frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, JPA and Hibernate
- Knowledge of REACT tools including React.js, Webpack, Enzyme, Redux, and Flux.
- Expertise in RESTful architecture
- Expertise with relational and document databases, such as SQL Server, Azure Cosmos Db, etc.
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD tools & Java build tools such as Maven and/or Gradle
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Experience with modern cloud architectures such as microservices, serverless, and containerization
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS or other cloud providers
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication skills with the capability to drive project tasks to successful completion.
- Ability to mentor and coach junior developers
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience presenting technical and concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience writing automated testing using a tool like Selenium
The base salary range for this position is budgeted for $123,570.00 to $144,165.00 with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of proven experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence