Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: We are seeking an experienced and seasoned Java Architect with a wealth of industry knowledge to join our Architecture team in our growing FinTech! The ideal candidate will have proven experience in architecting and building enterprise-level cloud systems and possess excellent communication and leadership skills. If you’re hands-on, have a deep understanding of Java and cloud technologies, and are ready to take on the challenge of working in a dynamic FinTech environment, we’d love to hear from you!
- Design and implement highly scalable, available, and reliable cloud applications and solutions.
- Define the overall architecture for our PaaS, micro-services, and serverless solutions.
- Define standards, implement best practices, build POC for newer technologies and business solutions.
- Present architectural designs to Architecture Review Board, review architectural designs developed by other team members.
- Debug Azure-related production issues.
- Architect enterprise systems (preferably cloud native on Azure).
- Manage Migration of monolithic apps to cloud and microservice architecture.
- Proven experience in designing and implementing scalable, available, and resilient cloud-based solutions using Azure services and Java technologies
- Collaborate with Product to understand high level requirements, create technical design documents and present to functional leaders
- Understand current applications and provide path to modernization by leveraging newer tools and technologies
- Modernize platforms by evaluating and implementing newer technologies, automating solutions, creating POCs and prototypes
- Collaborate with Product, Development, DevOps and Security teams to deliver market driven, internal and technical projects
- Provide technical leadership to development team members
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders clearly and effectively.
- Strong leadership skills: Proven ability to lead teams and drive projects to successful completion.
- Expertise in modern Java frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, JPA and Hibernate
- Docker tools
- Azure technologies – Ex: Azure SQL, Cosmos, Service Bus, AD, CDN, Caching
- CI CD, Synthetic users & testing, Feature flags
- Observability concepts & tools (Ex: DataDog)
- Code pipeline & Infrastructure pipeline concepts
The base salary range for this position is budgeted for $137,610.00 to $189,000 with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of proven experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence