VP, Software Development
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, The Vice President, Software Development will be a key leader within our organization, responsible for providing technical leadership to the software development function with a focus on quality, scalability, automation, and user experience. This role will be instrumental in shaping our technology strategy, building hard-working engineering teams, and driving the development of innovative products and solutions.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive technology strategy aligned with our business goals and industry trends. Drive innovation and technological advancement to maintain our competitive edge.
- Lead and inspire a team with varied strengths of engineering directors, software developers, architects, and product managers across different locations. Develop a collaborative and innovative culture while promoting professional growth and development within the team.
- Work closely with Product Leadership and other business team members to align software development initiatives with business goals and ensure a seamless customer experience.
- Oversee the entire software development lifecycle, from ideation and design to implementation and deployment. Ensure the timely delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet customer needs and market demands.
- Establish and maintain rigorous quality standards for software products, including performance, security, and usability. Implement robust testing processes and oversee continuous improvement efforts.
- Establish and lead clear strategic goals and objectives across our software engineering teams, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality software solutions.
- Define and supervise key performance indicators (KPIs) for software development efficiency, product quality, and project delivery. Use data-driven insights to optimize processes.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field; advanced degree (e.g., MS, MBA) is a plus.
- Proven track record of at least 15 years in software development, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role within a FinTech or financial services organization.
- 10+ years in Agile Software Development, including Test-Driven Development (TDD), User Story creation, Sprint planning, and other Agile ceremonies.
- Extensive experience in leading and managing software engineering teams.
- Strong organizational, planning, and project management skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and provide a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong critical thinking and eye for business, with the ability to align technical initiatives with organizational goals.
- History of scaling global engineering and product teams.
- Ability to move fast without compromising the focus on our customers and goals.
- Exceptional critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
- Strong expertise in cloud computing platforms such as Azure.
- Familiarity with modern DevOps practices, including CI/CD, containerization, and infrastructure-as-code.
The base salary range for this position is budgeted for $199,260 to $252,000 with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of proven experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence