VP, Product Management
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: We seek an innovative, experienced Product Management leader with a highly developed interest in financial technology. As the VP of Product Management, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our company and ensuring our products meet the needs of our customers and internal partners.
Your creative response to market needs will drive continued revenue growth at Onbe and enable winning differentiation. You will make an important impact through business and technical savvy, strategic vision, and dedication to owning products from ideation to post-launch.
- Define the product strategy with input from internal partners, customers, and market research. Drive prioritization of technology investments and support the development of platform strategy to allow for profitable growth of the product.
- Lead, mentor, and manage a team of talented product managers and product designers. Foster a collaborative and results-driven culture within the product organization.
- Concisely & confidently communicate solution strategy from executive to junior levels. Produce a clear view of upcoming launches and prioritized work.
- Collaborate closely with engineering, design, marketing, and sales teams to align product development efforts, prioritize features, and ensure successful product launches.
- Identify potential risks and challenges related to product development and implementation. Develop contingency plans and strategies to mitigate risks.
- Facilitate roadmap conversations with strategic customers and partners. Conduct high-impact discovery sessions with customers, partners, and industry players.
- Develop case documentation, inclusive of prioritized features and corresponding justification. Lead buy vs. build assessment. Propose an overall budget to ensure success and communicate budgets/expected return on investment to the executive team; balance expenses while growing revenue and profits.
Launch new capabilities through the product launch framework process. Drive collaboration throughout the agile release train:
- Manage a backlog of ideas and innovations.
- Engage cross-functional teams in requirements sign-off, proto-typing, user acceptance testing and rollout strategies.
- Partner with Product Marketing to represent Onbe’s solutions to internal and external audiences, develop the core positioning & promote capabilities to the market.
- Partner with the Pricing team to develop pricing strategies that meet profitability goals and market expectations.
- Define critical metrics to build insightful feedback loops; monitor and adjust.
- Proven track record of at least 12 years in product management, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role; passion for mentoring and coaching team members in classical product management, + developing future product leaders.
- Experience with relevant, large-scale consumer payout use cases.
- Product management experience within segments of the payments ecosystem; knowledge of open-loop prepaid cards, push payments, digital wallets, RTP, and emerging payment modalities.
- P&L training and/or management; strong analytical abilities.
- Experience in driving product strategy and go-to-market.
- High level of ownership and accountability; non-defensive.
- Extraordinary leadership and influencing skills; strong business insight.
- Ability to effectuate change and drive execution across teams and organizational levels.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and ability to overcome unexpected roadblocks.
- Fantastic communicator: the ability to anticipate concerns, craft an argument, and persuade.
The base salary range for this position is between $173,790 to $231,000, with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence