Mail Clerk (Part-time)
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Position Type: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Compensation: $18 per hour.
Schedule: Monday - Thursday, 9a - 12p or 12p - 3p ET depending on candidate preference.
We are looking for a Mailroom clerk to handle, sort and distribute mail in office at Onbe. In this role, you should be diligent and reliable. You should have attention to detail, ability to remain calm and productive when handling urgent mail or print requests. Responsibilities
- Open and sort office mail by department, scan and distribute.
- Open, sort, scan and fax customer service mail and fraud prevention mail.
- Build, email, or print Fedex and USPS labels and request pick up.
- Print, address, stuff, and meter up to 500+ letters weekly.
- Assist with ad-hoc presentation printing.
- Track mailroom supplies (e.g. postage, envelopes, address labels).
- Responsible for driving to the post office to retrieve and send certified mail.
- Experience with mail sorting and postage meter machines.
- Good digital literacy.
- Well-organized, with attention to detail.
- Excel in Fast-Paced Settings
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Capable and comfortable lifting weights up to 40 pounds
- Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable mode of transportation for regular visits to the post office for mail collection and certified dispatch duties.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence