Financial Operations Senior Staff Accountant II
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: As a Reconciliation Accountant, you will play a crucial role on the Financial Operations team in ensuring the completeness and integrity of financial records within our organization. Your primary responsibility will be to reconcile financial transactions and accounts, identify discrepancies, and implement corrective actions to maintain the financial health of the company. You will work closely with the finance team to ensure accordance with accounting standards and internal policies.
- Account Reconciliation: Conduct regular reconciliations of financial transactions, including bank statements, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger accounts, and other financial records.
- Discrepancy Identification: Identify and investigate discrepancies, variances, or irregularities in financial data, and collaborate with relevant departments to resolve issues promptly.
- Mentoring: Provide mentorship to Staff Accountants I and II on the Fin Ops Team. This includes helping address day to day issues and provide training on areas that have wholes or gaps.
- Data Analysis: Analyze financial data to detect trends, anomalies, or errors, and provide insights and recommendations to improve financial processes.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate and organized reconciliation documentation, including supporting records and audit trails, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and internal policies.
- Reporting: Prepare accurate and timely reconciliation reports for management, highlighting key findings and recommendations for operational improvement.
- Process Improvement: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve financial processes, streamline workflows, and implement standard methodologies.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, accounting standards, and company policies, and assist in audits when necessary.
- Communication: Communicate optimally with internal and external partners, including vendors, banks, and auditors, to resolve reconciliation-related issues.
- Automation: Explore opportunities for process automation and implement tools or systems to enhance efficiency in reconciliation tasks.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance, or related field (CPA certification is a plus).
- Proven experience in accounting or financial reconciliation roles.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Great Plaines.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance in the finance and accounting field.
The base salary range for this position is between $79,380 to $101,325, with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence