Associate Java Engineer 1
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: We are seeking a highly motivated Associate Java Developer to join our diverse team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining Java applications. As an Associate Java Developer, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams and work on innovative projects for clients in the financial industry. The ideal candidate possesses an understanding of modern application development, cloud architectures, automated testing, and container technologies.
- Collaborate with product managers, product owners, and stakeholders to understand the product vision and requirements.
- Design, develop, and maintain Java applications.
- Identify and solve complex software problems in collaboration with multi-functional teams.
- Create and maintain technical documentation related to software design and development.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Develop and maintain automated testing scripts to ensure high-quality software delivery.
- Implement modern cloud architectures, including microservices, serverless, and containerization.
- Work with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Develop RESTful APIs using Spring Boot.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Java Developer.
- Proficiency in Java 8 and above.
- Extensive experience with modern Java frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Familiarity with DevOps CI/CD tools.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as JUnit and Selenium.
- Knowledge of modern cloud architectures like microservices, serverless and containerization technologies.
- Familiarity with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud platforms like Azure, AWS, or other providers.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns and principles.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record to collaborate optimally with multi-functional teams.
- Mentorship skills, with a willingness to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Knowledge of front-end development technologies such as Angular or React.
- Familiarity with database technologies like SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, or PostgreSQL.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Willingness to build professional relationships with key team members across the organization.
The base salary range for this position is between $102,780.00 to $110,250.00, plus bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence