Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: As an Assistant Controller, Accounting, you will play a vital role in overseeing the accounting operations and financial reporting of the organization. Your responsibilities will include managing a team of accountants, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, implementing and maintaining internal controls, and providing financial analysis and insights to support decision-making. Your expertise and leadership will contribute to the organization's financial stability and growth.
Financial Reporting and Compliance:
- Oversee the preparation and review of accurate and timely financial statements, including variance analysis, written commentary on significant fluctuations, and summaries of financial highlights.
- Oversee the timely completion of periodic reviews of all balance sheet accounts, including reporting significant findings to senior management and leading remediation efforts where necessary.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and accounting principles (e.g., GAAP, IFRS).
- Assist the Director of Technical Accounting with the external audit process, collaborating with auditors and addressing any audit findings.
Team Management and Development:
- Lead and manage a team of accountants, providing guidance, coaching, and support.
- Assign and review work, ensuring efficiency, accuracy, and deadline adherence.
- Develop and mentor team members, fostering their professional growth and creating a hard-working accounting team.
Internal Controls and Processes:
- Maintain effective internal controls to safeguard company assets and ensure accurate financial records.
- Continuously assess and recommend improvements to the accounting processes, systems, and workflows to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Monitor compliance with internal control policies and recommend enhancements as needed.
Financial Analysis and Insights:
- Conduct financial analysis and provide insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends, and communicate findings to senior management.
- Provide general accounting support to the Finance and Accounting team as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop financial forecasts, budgets, and cost analysis reports.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Stay up to date with accounting regulations and changes in accounting standards.
- Identify and mitigate financial risks, working closely with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Finance, Operations, and Legal, to support business initiatives and provide financial expertise.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- Substantial experience (typically 10+ years) in accounting, financial reporting, and analysis.
- 5+ years public accounting experience required.
- CPA is required.
- Proven experience in managing and leading accounting teams.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, regulations, and standards (e.g., GAAP, IFRS).
- Strong understanding of internal controls and risk management.
- Proficiency in financial software and systems (e.g., ERP, accounting software).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership abilities and the capacity to inspire and empower team members.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
The base salary range for this position is between $135,810 to $165,900, with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If the position is indicated as "remote" and the candidate is located within the continental United States, they have the flexibility to work from an office, in a hybrid manner, or be fully remote. Our primary workforce is situated within the Eastern and Central time zones, with established offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Occasionally, some travel might be necessary. However, if a specific location is mentioned for the role, the employee will be required to work onsite at one of our designated offices.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence