Senior Engineer, Cloud Operations
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: As a member of our Cloud Operations team, you will apply your technical engineering skills and knowledge of infrastructure and DevOps. In this role, you will be responsible to build and maintain Onbe’s cloud infrastructure. This role includes the operational support of our cloud environment, including but not limited to configuration management, terraform automation, observability, and cost optimization.
- Participate in daily SCRUM meetings, working closely with other business units to deliver cloud infrastructure to meet the needs of our current or future platform.
- Automation of our infrastructure deployments through Terraform.
- Work to continually develop and improve processes, methodologies, and approaches.
- Monitor all production environments as a part of a 24x7x365 on-call rotation to ensure availability, resiliency, and performance meet our SLAs.
- Build, update, and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures, and infrastructure configuration.
- Act as a point of escalation for the other team members, providing assistance and training where necessary.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in infrastructure engineering and/or a DevOps role.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to work independently.
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with modern software delivery to the Cloud – Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery process and tools.
- Large breadth of technical knowledge crossing security, networking, DevOps, cloud infrastructure, and Windows.
- Proficient experience with GIT, GitHub Actions/Workflows, IaC (Terraform), and configuration management tools like Chef and/or Ansible.
- Proven experience building and maintaining Kubernetes cluster applying best practices.
- Proven knowledge of networking infrastructure.
- Strong background in designing and improving observability. (Metrics, logging, tracing, end-to-end).
- Phenomenal team mentality.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong experience with container technologies such as Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Relevant Azure or AWS Certifications.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python
- Familiarity with C# and/or Java microservice architectures.
The base salary range for this position is between $140,940 to $157,500, with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
If this position resides within the United States, it can be office-based, hybrid, or fully remote within the continental United States. Onbe’s employee base is mostly clustered in the Eastern and Central time zones, with offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Some periodic travel may be required.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence