Business Development Representative, Sr. Manager
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: Building upon Onbe’s class-leading reputation and technology, the Business Development Representative, Sr. Manager will be responsible for building a strategy that fills the top of the funnel for our sales executives. You will lead and coach outbound Business Development Representatives, helping them deliver on targets while expanding your organization. This role will provide a deep foundation of technology sales skills and payments knowledge, paving the way for the candidate to grow the Business Development Representative (BDR) team and provide a path into several leadership roles at Onbe.
This team leader will play a formative role within Onbe, liaising with our Sales and Marketing teams and reporting to our Sr. Director, Demand Generation Marketing.
- Directly manage a team of BDRs, generating qualified meetings with decision-makers across all market segments, with a strategic focus on a target account list and our key expansion verticals.
- Own and drive execution of pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top-of-the-funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue produced.
- Use ABM sales standard processes to develop and support prospecting strategy across our key expansion verticals and assist with developing our vertical GTM playbooks.
- Attract, hire, develop, and retain world-class BDR talent.
- Implement, improve, and standardize key sales processes that build consistent and repeatable sales motions.
- Proactively track and analyze key trends to advise data-driven decisions.
- Leverage tools such as Dynamics, Outreach, HubSpot, ZoomInfo, 6Sense, and more to help BDRs evangelize Onbe and efficiently prospect.
- Be deliberate about succession planning and developing the team to promote the career growth of direct reports.
- Build incentive programs that excite the BDRs and drive behaviors that support our go-to-market efforts.
- Cultivate interdepartmental relationships, partnering with marketing, product, and sales executives to develop new products and strategies.
- Partner with the Demand Generation team to develop messaging and sequences for the BDR team.
- 3+ years of experience leading a sales or business development team.
- Proven track record in coaching selling to multiple C-level personas such as finance, product, and marketing.
- The desire to master enterprise sales strategies in the technology space.
- Experience with Outreach, CRM, and other prospecting tools.
- History in payments and disbursements is a plus.
- Up to 10% domestic travel may be required.
What We Value:
- A great teammate who understands that collaboration is the key to success.
- A caring professional who puts customers and colleagues first.
- Always striving for excellence in everything you do.
- Highly focused on results, finding a way when others only see the challenges.
- A passionate person who can influence others to get behind the mission.
The base salary range for this position is between $78,390 to $104,000, with commission. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position can be office-based, hybrid, or fully remote in the continental United States. Onbe’s employee base is mostly clustered in the Eastern and Central time zones, with offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Some periodic travel may be required.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence