Senior Reporting Developer
Onbe, a fast-growing FinTech, bringing innovation to a rapidly growing global marketplace, stands for “on behalf.” Because that’s exactly how we work: on behalf of our clients, as their comprehensive payments partner. We transform the way payments are imagined — as an opportunity for innovation, a source of insight to customers, and a way to connect with partners around the globe!
Summary: As a Senior Reporting Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining advanced business intelligence solutions using Microsoft Power BI. Your data modeling, visualization, and analysis expertise will be crucial in delivering high-quality insights to support Data/Reporting Org at Onbe. This position requires strong technical skills, a deep understanding of data warehousing concepts, and expert reporting tools and standards knowledge.
- Provide hands-on design, development, and configuration of applications, visualizations, dashboards, and reports.
- Build visually appealing and interactive reports and dashboards using Power BI.
- Develop complex calculations and measures using Data Analysis Expressions (DAX). Implement functions and custom calculations to support sophisticated analytical requirements.
- Troubleshoots and resolves data integrity and performance issues.
- Manage Power BI administration activities, including capacity creation and management, data connection creation and updating, and user and group access provisioning.
- Able to implement row-level security on data and understand application security layer models in Power BI.
- Define processes, standard operating procedures, and prepare technical documentation.
- Define, complete, and evangelize standard report development, release management, and access management processes.
- Performs unit testing, devise and deliver testing plans for QA engineer to validate solutions.
- Degree in computer science, data analytics, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack using Power BI, SSAS, SSRS SSIS.
- 6+ years of professional experience with Power BI, Report Builder, and DAX.
- Excellent data visualization skills, with an eye for detail and a strong focus on usability and user experience.
- Strong foundational knowledge of data warehouse concepts, including star schema, snowflake schema, and slowly changing dimensions.
- Familiarity with data security and compliance standards, and the ability to implement appropriate security measures within Power BI.
- Superb communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively interact with the team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with experience providing estimates and managing priorities.
- Experience using source control software such as GitHub and Azure DevOps
- Experience working in Azure cloud is a major plus.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality solutions.
- Ability to work independently, completing tasks end-to-end from start to end without much oversight.
The base salary range for this position is between $103,950 to $120,750, with eligibility for an annual bonus. The actual base salary offered depends on a variety of factors, including but not limited to the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, specific and unique skills, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, business needs, and market demand. Our competitive benefits includes medical, dental, vision, wellness, 401(k) matching, unlimited PTO, work from anywhere, generous parental leave, and more! Our job titles may span more than one career level. All candidates are encouraged to apply.
This position can be office-based, hybrid, or fully remote in the continental United States. Onbe’s employee base is mostly clustered in the Eastern and Central time zones, with offices in suburban Philadelphia and suburban Chicago. Some periodic travel may be required.
At Onbe, a diverse group of people, ideas, and perspectives are key to achieving phenomenal things. For over 25 years, our focus has remained on building a culture of openness and ingenuity, where employees come together to innovate and build disbursement solutions that make the lives of our clients and their consumers and workforces easier and better. Our definition of success includes celebrating differences and affirming belonging. To that end, we ask employees to come to Onbe as they are and contribute their diverse perspectives, identities, and experiences.
We believe that the recruiting phase is only the very beginning of diversity and inclusion. At Onbe, we’re constantly evolving the way we celebrate diversity every day and in everything we do. With several internal committees that are dedicated to mental and physical wellness, diversity, inclusion, and community outreach, we are committed to making a culture that is inclusive to all.
Onbe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek out ways to create a mindful workforce that embraces diversity and celebrates a culture of inclusion. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, age, disability, genetic information or military service. Our equal opportunity policy applies to all decisions of employment including hiring, placement, promotion or advancement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, compensation, training and leaves of absence