Senior Software Engineer - CashFlow Platform
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
At Nova Credit, our mission is to power a more fair and inclusive financial system for the world. Our diverse global team is stitching together the world's credit data into a single network to unlock financial opportunities for new-to-country, new-to-credit, and other populations that have been historically marginalized in the credit system. We've developed the world's foremost expertise in credit data connectivity, standardization, analytics, and compliance required to unlock the power of open finance to benefit a broader base of consumers and lenders. We serve some of the world's preeminent firms, including AmEx, HSBC, Scotiabank, SoFi, and Verizon, and our mission is backed by leading investors, such as Canapi, General Catalyst, Index Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, and Y Combinator.
For a more in-depth look at our engineering culture, check out our page on Key Values!
- Collaborate with the product and data science teams to build our cashflow data platform, powering our "verification of income" and "cashflow underwriting" solutions.
- Collaborate with the data science team to productionalize research models; this may include supplementing research-driven models with additional considerations such as unit processing efficiency, batch efficiency, and parallel computing use cases.
- Increase data observability for customers and stakeholders
- Develop quality controls around our ML-powered services to ensure model effectiveness
- Maintain and improve production ML models such as algorithmic calculations, regression models, and classifiers.
- Develop tooling and frameworks to improve research velocity and outcomes
- Participate in standard engineering activities like technical design, code reviews, on-call support, documentation, and sprint ceremonies.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years driving large multi-team software projects from problem statement to ongoing maintenance
- 3+ years experience with databases, data warehouses, or data lakes; strong SQL skills
- 2+ years using data engineering tools like Spark, Hadoop, Pandas, or Airflow
- Proficient in Python; experience writing idiomatic (Pythonic) code
- Experience building Python-based web applications (Flask, FastAPI, Django)
- Deep understanding of a popular distributed computing framework like Spark, Databricks, Ray, Airflow, Sagemaker, or AWS Batch
- Knowledge of numerical libraries (numpy, pandas, SciPy, et. c)
- Experience in observability tools like Grafana, Kibana, or Datadog
- Ability to design sound, highly performant solutions in AWS; articulate design decisions and tradeoffs
- Firm grasp of software testing methodologies
- Curious, self-driven, and eager to learn
- Build a unified data platform capable of seamlessly processing financial data payloads like bank accounts/transactions, payroll information, or OCR-driven financial document extractions.
- Design an event-based system for monitoring production ML models
- Create an operations dashboard that articulates the customers and stakeholders
- Stand up an MLOps platform to test model changes against historical data
- Pair with data scientists to write state-of-the-art quantitative cashflow models using computing frameworks like PySpark, Dask, Ray, or Polars.
- Optimize data pipeline latency to shorten overall response time
YOU SHOULD ESPECIALLY APPLY IF:
- You want to make a significant impact on your next company
- Going the extra mile to execute well is the norm for you
- You're quick to take the lead when conversations and projects require refinement
- You've been exposed to MLOps (e.g., MLflow, Sagemaker, Databricks)
- You have experience with banking data or working within a FinTech
Everyone is welcome at Nova Credit. We are an equal-opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace, and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.